    I get a missing DLL file error message evertime I start my computer. (i'ts a
    VAIO) I get a Sony PNP error message. I don't even know what that is. Help
    please. BG
    BillKirch, Jun 21, 2004

  2. BillKirch

    Robert Baer Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > I get a missing DLL file error message evertime I start my computer. (i'ts a
    > VAIO) I get a Sony PNP error message. I don't even know what that is. Help
    > please. BG

    "PNP", related to computers,stands for "Plug aNd Play", and when it
    gets dicey, it stands for "Plug aNd Pray".
    If you have the install CD, perhaps the DLL can be transferred from
    it.
    Robert Baer, Jun 21, 2004

  3. BillKirch

    colin Guest

    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml

    colin, Jun 21, 2004
  4. BillKirch

    Allen_L Guest

    In news:,
    BillKirch <> typed:
    > I get a missing DLL file error message evertime I start my computer.
    > (i'ts a VAIO) I get a Sony PNP error message. I don't even know
    > what that is. Help please. BG

    If your running WinXP go to start and type cmd\then hit "Enter" and when the
    command 'box' appears type sfc /scannow (sfc stand for system file checker)
    and at least you will see if you are missing any system files. Have your
    Windows XP disk ready as you will be prompted to place it in the CD tray.

    ....Allen
    Allen_L, Jun 22, 2004
  5. BillKirch

    Allen_L Guest

    In news:vsKBc.12897$,
    Allen_L <> typed:
    > In news:,
    > BillKirch <> typed:
    >> I get a missing DLL file error message evertime I start my computer.
    >> (i'ts a VAIO) I get a Sony PNP error message. I don't even know
    >> what that is. Help please. BG

    > If your running WinXP go to start and type cmd\then hit "Enter" and
    > when the command 'box' appears type sfc /scannow (sfc stand for
    > system file checker) and at least you will see if you are missing any
    > system files. Have your Windows XP disk ready as you will be prompted
    > to place it in the CD tray.
    >
    > ...Allen

    Let me make a correction...when you go to Start\Run Only type in cmd in the
    space...don't use the "\" following the "cmd" letters (no quotes of course)
    (My mistake) then click "OK" and after that follow the above.

    Sorry...Allen
    Allen_L, Jun 22, 2004
  6. BillKirch

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: How do I restore a missing DLL. file?
    >From: "colin"
    >Date: 6/21/04 5:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >ArtKramr <> wrote in message
    >> >Subject: Re: How do I restore a missing DLL. file?
    >> >From: Robert Baer
    >> >Date: 6/20/04 11:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time

    >(i'ts
    >> >Help
    >> >
    >> > "PNP", related to computers,stands for "Plug aNd Play", and when it
    >> >gets dicey, it stands for "Plug aNd Pray".
    >> > If you have the install CD, perhaps the DLL can be transferred from
    >> >it.

    >> Tried it. doesn't work.
    >>

    >> Arthur Kramer
    >> 344th BG 494th BS
    >> England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany
    >> Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    >> http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    >http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/index.shtml

    Tried that too. It didn't work.

    ArtKramr, Jun 22, 2004
  7. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    BillKirch, Jun 22, 2004
  8. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    >Have your
    >Windows XP disk ready as you will be prompted to place it in the CD tray.

    #############
    Didn't get one. BG
    BillKirch, Jun 23, 2004
  9. BillKirch

    derek / nul Guest

    On 23 Jun 2004 04:00:43 GMT, oads (BillKirch) wrote:

    >>Have your
    >>Windows XP disk ready as you will be prompted to place it in the CD tray.

    >#############
    >Didn't get one. BG

    You got ripped off then
    derek / nul, Jun 23, 2004
  10. BillKirch

    BillKirch Guest

    >You got ripped off then

    ###########
    It has a built in recovery disc making program. But I would STILL like to have
    one that came with the computer. BG
    BillKirch, Jun 24, 2004
  11. BillKirch

    ProfGene Guest

    If it is really only one DLL that is missing you might try getting it and
    putting it in Windows System file to see if that gets rid of the error
    message. If the DLL is a legitimate file that you really need you should do
    no harm trying that.

    ProfGene, Jun 26, 2004