    defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

    Rgds

    Phil
    Big Phil, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Big Phil

    Lundah

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Pretty simple. You reset the phone (easiest way to do this is to unplug the network cable & reconnect it) and hold down the # key until the display says "Configure Phone?". Then press the option for "Yes". The first menu will be "Network Configuration", select yes again, and hit "No" until you get to "Set Static Values?" There will be an option to default all values, either a softkey or the 0 key depending on the model. After selecting this, the phone will store the new settings in RAM and ask if you want to reboot. After rebooting, the phone should come up with default values and hunt for a DHCP server.
    Lundah, Mar 12, 2008

  3. Big Phil

    Mitel Lurker Guest

    In article
    <> Big
    Phil <> writes:

    >Hi
    >
    >I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory
    >defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

    Depends somewhat on the model of phone
    Try rebooting with the star (*) key held down (until it tells you to
    release it).

    If you've corrupted the flash, the phone is toast & will either have to be
    returned to the mfr or tossed in the trash. Given the hassle of getting an
    RMA it's sometimes less frustrating just to toss it. Factory repair is
    going to cost at least half the cost of a replacement + shipping.

    Mitel Lurker, Mar 13, 2008
  4. Big Phil

    Big Phil Guest

    On Mar 13, 12:18 am, Mitel Lurker <wdg@[206.180.145.133] wrote:
    > In article
    > <> Big
    >
    > Phil <> writes:
    > >Hi

    > >I have several Mitel IP phones that i need to reset to their factory
    > >defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?

    > Depends somewhat on the model of phone
    > Try rebooting with the star (*) key held down (until it tells you to
    > release it).
    >
    > If you've corrupted the flash, the phone is toast & will either have to be
    > returned to the mfr or tossed in the trash. Given the hassle of getting an
    > RMA it's sometimes less frustrating just to toss it. Factory repair is
    > going to cost at least half the cost of a replacement + shipping.

    > ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    Hi, I tried this, holding the star key down erases the PIN only. Looks
    like the flash could be toast.... oh well....

    Thanks
    Big Phil, Mar 13, 2008
  5. Big Phil

    Guest

    On Mar 11, 6:58 am, Big Phil <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have severalMitelIPphones that i need to reset to their factory
    > defaults. Do anyone know what is the process for doing this?
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Phil

    Phil,

    Hold down the # key while rebooting. Follow the prompts - answer no to
    the view questions and yes to change. One of the prompts will be to
    press 0 to factory reset.

    -Chuck
    , Mar 13, 2008