    I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.

    Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?

    Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

    Dao, May 26, 2006

  2. Dao

    Syd Guest

    Well...this is really worring me. Will I be the next writing here
    complaining for not receiving my certificate?

    Gosh..!

    Studying is hard! Taking exams is stressful a lot! Please, somebody tell
    Microsoft to send us our certificates!!

    Gosh..!

    StresSyd

    Syd, May 26, 2006

  3. Dao

    LnkWizard2 Guest

    "Syd" <> wrote in message
    > Well...this is really worring me. Will I be the next writing here
    > complaining for not receiving my certificate?
    >
    > Gosh..!
    >
    > Studying is hard! Taking exams is stressful a lot! Please, somebody tell
    > Microsoft to send us our certificates!!
    >
    > Gosh..!
    >
    > StresSyd
    >
    > "Dao" <> wrote in message
    >> According to Microsoft, "Candidates who earn the MCDST certification
    >> receive
    >> a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that
    >> enable you to identify your MCDST status.."
    >>
    >> I passed 2 exams 271&272 three months ago. I haven't received MCDST
    >> Certificate, wallet card, logo from Microsoft.
    >>
    >> I did receive MCP Certificate & wallet card welcome kit only.
    >>
    >> Does Microsoft issue MCDST Certificate? if so, how do I request for it?
    >>
    >> Any information about this subject, I do appriciate it !

    If you plan on staying in the IT field you REALLY NEED
    to learn to DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!!!!!

    A simple perusal of the MCP site at Microsoft.com will
    lead you to the path of certificate enlightenment.

    That's all the hint you get.

    LnkWizard2, May 26, 2006
  4. Dao

    Dao Guest

    Last night I posted this question. Then, I went to Certificate General
    discussion forum. Overthere, someone had the same question as mine and
    there's a pretty respond. I follow that respond and request my MCDST kit &
    Certificate.

    The answer is " Microsoft DOES NOT send out your certificate automatically
    after you pass the required exams. You MUST request your certificate by go to
    MCP member website, then login account. On the left menu or category after
    you login, you will see 'PROGRAM BENEFIT'. Under this Category you will see
    'MEMBER KIT', click on it. At the bottom of the displayed page, you will have
    the option to request your certificate by clicking on 'REQUEST' button. Note
    that, you won't see the REQUEST button if you don't have any certificate due.
    That is, you haven't finish all the required exams for that certificate"

    I requested my MCDST lastnite, and I don't know exactly when I'm going to
    receive it.

    Well, I never know this until lastnite. I just waited , waited and waited...

    Hope it help !

    regards,

    Dao

    Dao, May 26, 2006
  5. Dao

    Syd Guest

    "Dao" <> wrote in message

    > Well, I never know this until lastnite. I just waited , waited and
    > waited...
    >
    > Hope it help !
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Dao

    Yes. Thanks a lot

    Syd, May 27, 2006
  6. Dao

    CocoaNut Guest

    Thanks for the info, Dao. I haven't started studying yet, but I imagine that
    I would have had the same question later on.

    I think Microsoft has implimented a strange and annoying system here. Are
    they trying to save money by not sending out a kit? Do they assume that the
    average professional (or to-be professional) who pays a total of $250 for the
    MCDST tests and passes the tests won't want/need a kit? Geez. Why don't they
    just automatically send out the kit?

    --CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 27, 2006
  7. "CocoaNut" wrote...
    > I think Microsoft has implimented a strange and annoying system here. Are
    > they trying to save money by not sending out a kit? Do they assume that
    > the
    > average professional (or to-be professional) who pays a total of $250 for
    > the
    > MCDST tests and passes the tests won't want/need a kit? Geez. Why don't
    > they
    > just automatically send out the kit?

    No, it's not annoying, it's not cheapness and it's VERY sensible. The idea
    is, before they blindly send out your welcome kit, you check that your
    postal address is still current. Probably not a problem between doing your
    first MCP and then completing the second exam for your MCDST.... but imagine
    starting out on the MCSE track and the time difference from your first exam
    to the seventh - it is possible you may have moved in the meantime.
    --
    Certifications:
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

    Darth Windows, May 28, 2006
  8. Dao

    CocoaNut Guest

    Ah. Good point; I didn't think of that. Now that I think about it, it seems
    like a smart idea. However, they might want to make it more clear what they
    are doing, so that MCPs don't call them up and ask why they haven't received
    their kit yet.

    CocoaNut, May 28, 2006
  9. "CocoaNut" wrote...
    > However, they might want to make it more clear what they
    > are doing, so that MCPs don't call them up and ask why they haven't
    > received
    > their kit yet.

    They have. More recent exam print-outs have extra paragraphs including:

    "Welcome kits are made available upon completion of each Microsoft
    Certification (ie, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, etc) rather than
    upon completion of indicidual exams. After your transcript has been updated
    to indicate your new certification, your welcome kit will be available for
    order.

    All welcome kits require verification of shipping information on the MCP
    member site before a welcom kit shipment will be sent. To initiate the
    shipment of your complimetary welcome kit, please visit the MCP member site
    at https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp"

    This was included in my 70-293 exam report which I took on 28th April
    although I can't say when it was actually introduced (wasn't on my 272
    report last December, that's for sure).

    Darth Windows, May 28, 2006
  10. Dao

    CocoaNut Guest

    Ah. I haven't taken my tests yet. Didn't know that.

    CocoaNut, May 28, 2006
  11. Dao

    Syd Guest

    > "Darth Windows" wrote:
    >>
    >> All welcome kits require verification of shipping information on the MCP
    >> member site before a welcom kit shipment will be sent. To initiate the
    >> shipment of your complimetary welcome kit, please visit the MCP member
    >> site
    >> at https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp"

    I passed my 70-271 exam with prometric the 23 of May. but I haven't received
    any email and I do not know my MCP ID nor Access code

    What should I do next? Call Prometric I suppose..

    Syd, May 29, 2006
  12. "Syd" wrote...
    > I passed my 70-271 exam with prometric the 23 of May. but I haven't
    > received any email and I do not know my MCP ID nor Access code
    >
    > What should I do next? Call Prometric I suppose..

    Also from the new style exam printout...

    "Should you not receive an email containing your MCPID and access code to
    the MCP Member site, you may need to provide information on this score
    report in order to gain access to the MCP Member site."

    If that doesn't work get in touch with Microsoft to check they've got the
    right e-mail address.

    Darth Windows, May 29, 2006
  13. Dao

    Syd Guest

    "Darth Windows" <> wrote in message
    > Also from the new style exam printout...
    >
    > "Should you not receive an email containing your MCPID and access code to
    > the MCP Member site, you may need to provide information on this score
    > report in order to gain access to the MCP Member site."
    >
    > If that doesn't work get in touch with Microsoft to check they've got the
    > right e-mail address.

    Yes, thanks. I sent an email, waiting for replay

    Syd, May 30, 2006
  14. Dao

    CocoaNut Guest

    Apparently many test-takers have had this problem, especially with Prometric.
    I believe someone mentioned in a recommendation of whether to take exams with
    Pearson vs. Prometric, that Prometric is fairly slow getting the scores into
    Microsoft. I would call Prometric.

    It's a shame because this issue does not seem to be uncommon. I suppose that
    unless Prometric solves this problem, I'll run into it too - where I live
    only Prometric proctors the exam, and I'd have to drive 3 hours away to have
    Pearson proctor it. Oh well.

    --CocoaNut

    CocoaNut, May 30, 2006
  15. Dao

    Syd Guest

    I call today Prometric Australia (after 7 working days) and they told me
    that Microsoft has not yet recieved my results and they are going to send
    them (aka: they didn't send them yet).
    Now I have to wait 10 more working days.
    (maybe they send them by sea? Or is there someone walking and swimming all
    the way from Sydney to Bill Gates backyard?)

    Syd, Jun 1, 2006
  16. Dao

    Syd Guest

    It seems that Prometric is being the problem not sending results timely to
    MS.

    I'll need to book my second exam, having done the first with prometric.
    Would it be a problem to do the second one with Pearson VUE ?

    Is it possible to do the two exams (for the same certification) with two
    different testing companies?

    Syd, Jun 2, 2006
  17. "Syd" wrote...
    > Is it possible to do the two exams (for the same certification) with two
    > different testing companies?

    Yes, You'll start out with two MCP accounts (and numbers) but when you
    complete the second exam you'll need to phone Microsoft to "merge" the two
    accounts. From then on all your exams will go on the same transcript
    whichever test company you use.

    Darth Windows, Jun 2, 2006
  18. Dao

    Syd Guest

    "Darth Windows"
    > Yes, You'll start out with two MCP accounts (and numbers) but when you
    > complete the second exam you'll need to phone Microsoft to "merge" the two
    > accounts. From then on all your exams will go on the same transcript
    > whichever test company you use.

    Thanks,

    but....what you mean 'phone Microsoft'?
    I am in cangaroos land. Do they have a branch here that would do the trick?
    Or do I'll have to call Bill himself at home?

    Syd, Jun 2, 2006
  19. "Syd" wrote...
    > but....what you mean 'phone Microsoft'?

    G'day, I guess I meant "contact"...

    > I am in cangaroos land. Do they have a branch here that would do the
    > trick?

    There's a branch in most places but pop along to
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.asp and you'll spot
    Australia as 13-20-58 or e-mail

    Darth Windows, Jun 3, 2006
  20. Dao

    > G'day, I guess I meant "contact"...
    > There's a branch in most places but pop along to
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.asp and you'll spot
    > Australia as 13-20-58 or e-mail

    :)) yes, thanks Darth. I found the Sydney office. I'll call them to say that
    Prometric has been naughty lately and that I want to book my next exam with
    Pearson.

    The strange thing is that is not one office but the whole prometric org.
    apparently worldwide, (everyone is having problems, it's not funny..) not
    working properly.

    Syd, Jun 3, 2006