    origional?

    It is a compact case that doesn't have room for 2 drives once the case
    is closed.
    JAMES, May 8, 2005

  2. JAMES

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 12:24:23 -0700, JAMES wrote:

    > I want to replace the hard drive in my gateway. I know how to do it,
    > physically, but as far as software, what do I do?
    >
    > Can I install it as a slave drive first and copy all the files and
    > folders in the origional drive to it, and then disconnect the
    > origional?
    >
    > It is a compact case that doesn't have room for 2 drives once the case
    > is closed.

    Do you have the recovery CD from Gateway and do you have backups of your
    files and copies of any installation programs you have added since you
    bought your system? If not you'll need a copy of Norton Ghost or
    something similar to clone the drive to the new one.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, May 8, 2005

  3. JAMES

    HF Guest

    Go to the new drive mfrs website and download the free drive instal
    software.Use it for instal and copy.Also it will contain full info. Look at
    www.computerhope.com also

    HF, May 9, 2005
  4. JAMES

    WebWalker Guest

    On 8 May 2005 12:24:23 -0700, "JAMES" <> wrote:

    >I want to replace the hard drive in my gateway. I know how to do it,
    >physically, but as far as software, what do I do?
    >
    >Can I install it as a slave drive first and copy all the files and
    >folders in the origional drive to it, and then disconnect the
    >origional?
    >
    >It is a compact case that doesn't have room for 2 drives once the case
    >is closed.

    Try to download the disk utility software from the HD maker site.
    Usually, the software capable to clone you old HD data to the new HD.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, May 10, 2005