    --
    It was then that I realised that the light at the end of the tunnel was the
    headlight on an oncoming train.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZCBTdmVu?=, Jan 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZCBTdmVu?=

    Guest

    On 27-Jan-2006, =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZCBTdmVu?= <> wrote:

    > Having installed my new wireless (PCMIA) card, the tray icon lists the
    > connection as 'wireless connection 5', even though it is the only one listed
    > in my Network Connections folder. Presumably, therefore, XP Home SP2 (my OS),
    > still has listed wireless connections 1 - 4, although they no longer exist.
    > Where does XP Home keep this info, and how do I amend/delete it? Also, a tad
    > off topic, but does the same apply to wired (LAN) and Dial-Up Networking? I'd
    > appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

    Moving my USB network adapter to a different USB socket on the same
    PC produced Wireless Connection 2 (and more) with putting other devices
    on the same USB ports. So much for hot swapping USB devices, like camera,
    wireless adapter, Lexar USB stick.
    I just right click, rename, get rid of the number, and the irritation is fixed.
    Have found no ill effects from these phantom connectoids, if they still exist.

    ..

    , Jan 27, 2006