    Hey, I am wondering if I can easily take the network icon off my desktop? I
    don't use it as I only have this computer so I can't imagine that I would
    need it. Is this possible? Is it wise? School me please :)
    Joanne, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Joanne

    Phantom Guest

    Right click on icon,select delete

    /

    Phantom, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Joanne

    Mikish Guest

    "Joanne" <> impressed us all with the
    following remark:

    > Hey, I am wondering if I can easily take the network icon off my desktop? I
    > don't use it as I only have this computer so I can't imagine that I would
    > need it. Is this possible? Is it wise? School me please :)

    Control over switching on or off the display of that icon as well as a few
    others like "My Computer" can be found through accessing "Display" through the
    Control Panel and then selecting the "Desktop' tab. At that point, clicking
    on the "Customize Desktop" button will bring up a dialog with checkboxes
    allowing you to tick on or off the display of the special Desktop Icons.

    While you can simply right click and delete as suggested, you may want to know
    the source point controlling the icon display in case you want to place the
    icon back on the screen again. This is a "User" setting and does not globally
    affect other accounts that may log on to the same workstation.

    I hope you heard good news from the family today!

    Regards,

    --
    Mikish
    Mikish, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Joanne

    Joanne Guest

    Hey there Honey! :)
    Thanks for the info. R Click on the Desktop Icon didn't have delete option
    like every other Icon. No, haven't heard from Family in Grenada. Hurricane
    Ivan has done a number on the Island and have yet to hear directly from
    them. If anyone is reading this and has first hand knowledge about Grenada
    would appreciate hearing it. Joanne :)

    Joanne, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Joanne

    Liz Guest

    "Joanne" wrote

    > No, haven't heard from Family in Grenada. Hurricane
    > Ivan has done a number on the Island and have yet to hear directly from
    > them. If anyone is reading this and has first hand knowledge about Grenada
    > would appreciate hearing it. Joanne :)

    There were unconfirmed reports that storm damage allowed
    prisoners to escape Grenada's overcrowded 17th century prison,
    a zinc-roofed stone edifice on a hilltop. Hope everyone had a
    great summer.
    Liz, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Joanne

    Mikish Guest

    "Joanne" <> impressed us all with the
    following remark:

    > Hey there Honey! :)
    > Thanks for the info. R Click on the Desktop Icon didn't have delete option
    > like every other Icon. No, haven't heard from Family in Grenada. Hurricane
    > Ivan has done a number on the Island and have yet to hear directly from
    > them. If anyone is reading this and has first hand knowledge about Grenada
    > would appreciate hearing it. Joanne :)

    I'll think positive thoughts! :)
    Mikish, Sep 14, 2004