    registry, but what, and how. Please !

    Regards

    Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Per Pedersen

    Jeff Umbach Guest

    disable drive$ and winnt$ shares(2k/xp)

    (2k/xp)start -> run -> regedit -> browse to:
    hkey_local_machinesystemcurrentcontrolsetserviceslanmanserverparameters ->
    (rightclick)-> new -> dword -> name: autosharewks -> leave data as: 0

    Found at
    http://www.anticrack.de/modules.php... wireless networks more secure (pt. I) 11--07

    --
    Jeff Umbach

    Jeff Umbach, Nov 26, 2003

    David Postill, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Jeff:

    That is like a run-on sentence !

    You need to format that string...

    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Per Pedersen

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:43:05 +0100, "Per Pedersen"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Could someone please help me to remove these Administrative Shares in my
    >Windows XP pro, i know, that i have to change, or add, some values in the
    >registry, but what, and how. Please !

    install Linux?
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen Guest

    "Per Pedersen" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi
    >
    > Could someone please help me to remove these Administrative Shares in my
    > Windows XP pro, i know, that i have to change, or add, some values in the
    > registry, but what, and how. Please !

    Thanks to all of you, i finally got it right

    Regards

    Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen Guest

    "Jim Watt" <_way> skrev i en meddelelse
    > On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:43:05 +0100, "Per Pedersen"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi
    > >
    > >Could someone please help me to remove these Administrative Shares in my
    > >Windows XP pro, i know, that i have to change, or add, some values in the
    > >registry, but what, and how. Please !

    > install Linux?
    > --
    > Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Hi Jim,

    Sound's like a good, if not the best, alternative, but what kind of linux, I
    have a copy of Suse Linux 8,1, but it refuses to work with my SCSI Syquest
    SQ555, actually even the installation crasches. If I remove the drive the
    installation runs okay, but warns me about the 3 other SCSI devices, DEC
    DDS1, Teac CD-ROM, and a IBM Ultra SCSI harddrive, and problems running them
    in linux, should Linux not be the PRO OS ?, or what am i doing wrong ?

    Regards

    Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen, Nov 27, 2003
  8. "Per Pedersen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Could someone please help me to remove these Administrative Shares in my
    > Windows XP pro, i know, that i have to change, or add, some values in the
    > registry, but what, and how. Please !

    http://www.codecutters.org/resources/win2000lockdown.html

    for a general list (also applies to XP)

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!

    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 27, 2003
  9. Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen Guest

    "Hairy One Kenobi" <abuse@[127.0.0.1]> skrev i en meddelelse
    > "Per Pedersen" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Could someone please help me to remove these Administrative Shares in my
    > > Windows XP pro, i know, that i have to change, or add, some values in

    the
    > > registry, but what, and how. Please !

    > http://www.codecutters.org/resources/win2000lockdown.html
    >
    > for a general list (also applies to XP)
    >
    > --
    >
    > Hairy One Kenobi
    >
    > Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily
    > reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the

    opinion
    > in the first place. So there!

    Thanks, for a very usefull and clear site :)

    Regards

    Per Pedersen

    Per Pedersen, Nov 27, 2003