    the searchplugins folder. How do I remove them? (That
    right-click removal tool doesn't work with Win98se)

    Uncle Richard
    Dick Stouffer, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Dick Stouffer

    batintherain Guest

    Dick Stouffer ha scritto:
    > Using Win98se
    >
    > Firefox 1.5 came with a small group of search engines
    > some of which I did not want. They were easy to remove
    > by deleting the entries in the searchplugins folder.
    >
    > I added some new search engines, but nothing appears in
    > the searchplugins folder. How do I remove them? (That
    > right-click removal tool doesn't work with Win98se)

    I think that, since version 1.5, personal search engines are no more listed
    in the program folder, but somewhere in the profile folder.
    Anyway, I suggest this extension for sorting and managing search engines:
    http://maltekraus.de/Firefox/Search-Engine-Ordering/

    Please post in text mode in newsgroups.

    --
    ~batintherain