    Does anyone know how to remove Irfanview's red-cat icon -- permanently. Not just click 'view' - 'thumbnail' all the time?

    I want my Windows icons back again.

    Thank you.
    Herbert, Jan 17, 2010

  2. Herbert

    debrah.h48

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Hello,

    Try right click and Open With (if Open with not available, then Open and subsequently Open With). Choose another program in the options or Choose from a List. Set a check mark in the box "Always use this to open this file..." which shows on the left in the applet.

    If all this does not work then go to File Types (under My Computer | Tools | FolderOptions | FleTypes), search the type using this Icon and de-register the icon for the files neing associated/represented by this Icon. You check the Options Open With or Advanced Button in that applet.

    If you have un-installed the applicatio - IrfanView - but the icon still persists, you may have to remove it in the registry, but this would be the last resort option. Post back and let us know if you fixed it or not.

    For more information you can also visit softwarepatch.com
    debrah.h48, Jan 29, 2010

  3. Herbert

    Herbert

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Australia
    Thank you Debrah! It works.

    But...

    I can't find the Windows XP microsoft icon in the options list that was my default icon for all files.

    And to make the icon change-over will mean individually changing a score of irfanview icons in the list.

    I don't know how all my files, at the one time, got switched over to the irfanview icon. I'd like to switch them all back again with just one action for all.

    Thanks again! :hello:
    Herbert, Jan 29, 2010