    Barry

    --
    Please remove (Unwanted) before any reply
    Barry, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Barry

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:25:05 GMT, "Barry"
    <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> wrote:

    >How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification from
    >appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something and don't
    >relish interruption.

    Any particular OS?

    Win 2000 - Control Panel / Automatic Updates

    Win XP - search the Help and Support, on the update service in
    Sontrol Panel / Services.

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Barry

    meeeeee Guest

    > How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification from
    > appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something and don't
    > relish interruption.
    >
    > I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
    > updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates
    >
    > Barry
    >

    > --
    > Please remove (Unwanted) before any reply

    I think this is what your after:-

    View System Information,
    Automatic Updates,
    And go from there.

    ---
    That poor Lally, must be in a right state.
    The amount of people that go Do-Lally.
    meeeeee, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Barry

    Unknown Guest

    Don't use automatic updates.

    Unknown, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Barry

    °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / System / Automatic Updates tab.

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:25:05 GMT, in
    <BY2Eb.2378$>
    "Barry" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Barry

    Patrick Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification
    > from appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something
    > and don't relish interruption.
    >
    > I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
    > updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates
    >
    > Barry

    Presumeing Windows XP(HE)

    click 'start' button
    click 'Control Panel'
    double-click 'System' icon
    select 'Automatic Updates' tab
    Patrick, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Barry

    Barry Guest

    Thank you all and the concensus of opinion is Start/Settings/Control
    Panel/System but then it's General/Device Manager/Hardware
    Profiles/Performance

    I don't have an Automatic Updates tab or section.

    Barry

    Barry, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Barry

    IC Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > Thank you all and the concensus of opinion is Start/Settings/Control
    > Panel/System but then it's General/Device Manager/Hardware
    > Profiles/Performance
    >
    > I don't have an Automatic Updates tab or section.
    >
    > Barry

    That's because you didn't include your operating system and most people
    would assume that it's XP.

    IC, Dec 17, 2003
  9. Barry

    °Mike° Guest

    Then include your operating system when you post a query.

    On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:29:14 GMT, in
    <eF5Eb.5868$>

    °Mike°, Dec 18, 2003
  10. If you have Windows 9x Double click "Task Scheduler" in the system tray look
    for "Windows Critical Update Notification" click on it and on the task tab
    at the bottom uncheck where it says "Enabled" and click apply. If you want
    to enable it in the future just recheck it.

    GoodLuck!!
    KnightTripper

    KnightTripper, Dec 18, 2003