    --
    Watch out for the Spam-Trap.
    To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM

    Walter, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Walter

    Kenny Guest

    Don't think DirectX can be uninstalled. To check functioning type "dxdiag"
    in the Run box. Could try downloading latest version and installing "over
    the top".

    --

    Kenny

    "Walter" <> wrote in message
    > Hi yoos tekheds,
    >
    > I thought this wood bee the place to ask, so how doos I remove/re-install
    > direct X.
    > I have a problem with a joystick.
    > Its not the sound card or joystic as both work together perfectly in

    another

    Kenny, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Walter

    Walter Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Don't think DirectX can be uninstalled. To check functioning type

    "dxdiag"
    > in the Run box. Could try downloading latest version and installing "over
    > the top".
    >
    > --
    >
    > Kenny
    >

    > "Walter" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi yoos tekheds,
    > >
    > > I thought this wood bee the place to ask, so how doos I

    remove/re-install
    > > direct X.
    > > I have a problem with a joystick.
    > > Its not the sound card or joystic as both work together perfectly in

    > another
    > > machine and used to work in the one with the trouble.
    > > I think a newer direct x got installed when putting some games on the

    pc.

    > > Walter
    > >
    > > --
    > > Watch out for the Spam-Trap.
    > > To reply to me direct, remove NOSPAM

    Cheers for that,
    I physically removed the sound card along with its reference and drivers in
    DM, checked card in other pc, worked fine. Re-installed card back in other
    pc booted up and card,drivers now work fine.
    My son is over the moon as he can once again thrash the living daylights out
    of the joystick.
    ps He is only 3 and is very pc savvy too..

    Walter, Nov 8, 2003