    some features in the Olympus software.

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 21, 2006

  2. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each. How
    > can
    > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    > rug.
    > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't use
    > it
    > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I enter
    > a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then threw
    > out
    > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    > some features in the Olympus software.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    You need something like Irfanview, which you can download free and
    which is pretty much intuitive. When you make changes to an image such
    as this the best thing is to make the changes and save as a different
    file, then you're not losing the image in case you're unhappy with the
    results. If you don't need a massive size but still want reasonable
    quality then try the resizing options.

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Stop and Look
    http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Paul Heslop, Oct 21, 2006

  3. Mike

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each. How
    > can
    > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    > rug.
    > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't use
    > it
    > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I enter
    > a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then threw
    > out
    > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    > some features in the Olympus software.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Download picasa2 (it's free and easier to use than OM software) and
    email from there. You can reduce the size of the files in the email
    process.

    And picasa2 is great for correcting, fixing and tuning your picts, too.

    Also special effects.

    Dan Sullivan, Oct 21, 2006
  4. Mike

    jpc Guest

    On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:30:06 GMT, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each. How
    >can
    >I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    >rug.
    >I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    >Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't use
    >it
    >because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I enter
    >a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then threw
    >out
    >the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    >some features in the Olympus software.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Mike

    www.irfanview.com/

    free and intuitive

    jpc

    jpc, Oct 21, 2006
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message

    > You need something like Irfanview, which you can download free and
    > which is pretty much intuitive. When you make changes to an image such
    > as this the best thing is to make the changes and save as a different
    > file, then you're not losing the image in case you're unhappy with the
    > results. If you don't need a massive size but still want reasonable
    > quality then try the resizing options.
    >
    > http://www.irfanview.com/
    >

    > --
    > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
    > Stop and Look
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    Thanks, I've used that before but couldn't remember thge name.
    Very nice website. Which camera did you use to take the photos?

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 21, 2006
  6. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > You need something like Irfanview, which you can download free and
    > > which is pretty much intuitive. When you make changes to an image such
    > > as this the best thing is to make the changes and save as a different
    > > file, then you're not losing the image in case you're unhappy with the
    > > results. If you don't need a massive size but still want reasonable
    > > quality then try the resizing options.
    > >
    > > http://www.irfanview.com/
    > >

    > > --
    > > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
    > > Stop and Look
    > > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    > Thanks, I've used that before but couldn't remember thge name.
    > Very nice website. Which camera did you use to take the photos?
    >
    > Mike

    Thanks Mike... my camera on most of those was my old Olympus
    c-220zoom, though a couple are from my incredibly dodgy c-725 SZ.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 22, 2006
  7. Mike

    Roy G Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each. How
    > can
    > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    > rug.
    > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    > use it
    > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > enter
    > a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    > threw out
    > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    > some features in the Olympus software.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Hi.

    If you are running Win XP, it can do the resizing semi automatically for
    you.

    Just select image or images in their folder and click on "Email this File"
    in the Left Hand Pane.

    You will get a dialogue box which allows you to select a couple of reduced
    sizes.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Oct 22, 2006
  8. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Roy G wrote:

    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each. How
    > > can
    > > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    > > rug.
    > > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    > > use it
    > > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > > enter
    > > a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    > > threw out
    > > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    > > some features in the Olympus software.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >

    > Hi.
    >
    > If you are running Win XP, it can do the resizing semi automatically for
    > you.
    >
    > Just select image or images in their folder and click on "Email this File"
    > in the Left Hand Pane.
    >
    > You will get a dialogue box which allows you to select a couple of reduced
    > sizes.
    >
    > Roy G

    heh you learn something new every day, thanks Roy. I guess it uses OE
    to send though?

    Paul Heslop, Oct 22, 2006
  9. Mike

    JohnR66 Guest

    > Mike wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    >> How
    >> can
    >> I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    >> rug.
    >> I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    >> Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    >> use
    >> it
    >> because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    >> enter
    >> a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    >> threw
    >> out
    >> the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    >> some features in the Olympus software.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike

    > You need something like Irfanview, which you can download free and
    > which is pretty much intuitive. When you make changes to an image such
    > as this the best thing is to make the changes and save as a different
    > file, then you're not losing the image in case you're unhappy with the
    > results. If you don't need a massive size but still want reasonable
    > quality then try the resizing options.
    >
    > http://www.irfanview.com/
    >

    > --
    > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
    > Stop and Look
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    I'll second that. I just reduced some 600-some KB images down to 150K for
    email. OP should be careful of the settings so the originals are not over
    written by mistake!
    John

    JohnR66, Oct 22, 2006
  10. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    JohnR66 wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Mike wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    > >> How
    > >> can
    > >> I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    > >> rug.
    > >> I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > >> Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    > >> use
    > >> it
    > >> because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > >> enter
    > >> a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    > >> threw
    > >> out
    > >> the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    > >> some features in the Olympus software.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Mike

    > > You need something like Irfanview, which you can download free and
    > > which is pretty much intuitive. When you make changes to an image such
    > > as this the best thing is to make the changes and save as a different
    > > file, then you're not losing the image in case you're unhappy with the
    > > results. If you don't need a massive size but still want reasonable
    > > quality then try the resizing options.
    > >
    > > http://www.irfanview.com/
    > >

    > > --
    > > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
    > > Stop and Look
    > > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    > I'll second that. I just reduced some 600-some KB images down to 150K for
    > email. OP should be careful of the settings so the originals are not over
    > written by mistake!
    > John

    Yeah, I know when I first started messing with images I was always
    doing that.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 22, 2006
  11. Mike

    chaser Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in news:yjw_g.3120$k63.1482@trndny06:

    > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    > How can
    > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of
    > a rug.
    > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I
    > don't use it
    > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > enter a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card
    > then threw out
    > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to
    > enable some features in the Olympus software.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

    Powertoys from Microsoft is a good one. Highlite in an Explorer window/
    right clik and resize. As many as you want, to any size you want. Resize
    the original or make a copy.

    JP

    "No one can tell me where my soul might be;
    I searched for God, but he eluded me;
    I sought my brother and found all three."

    -Ernest Howard Crosby

    chaser, Oct 22, 2006
  12. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "JohnR66" <> wrote in message
    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    >> Mike wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    >>> How
    >>> can
    >>> I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    >>> rug.
    >>> I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    >>> Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    >>> use
    >>> it
    >>> because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    >>> enter
    >>> a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    >>> threw
    >>> out
    >>> the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    >>> some features in the Olympus software.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Mike

    >> You need something like Irfanview, which you can download free and
    >> which is pretty much intuitive. When you make changes to an image such
    >> as this the best thing is to make the changes and save as a different
    >> file, then you're not losing the image in case you're unhappy with the
    >> results. If you don't need a massive size but still want reasonable
    >> quality then try the resizing options.
    >>
    >> http://www.irfanview.com/
    >>

    >> --
    >> Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)
    >> Stop and Look
    >> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    > I'll second that. I just reduced some 600-some KB images down to 150K for
    > email. OP should be careful of the settings so the originals are not over
    > written by mistake!
    > John

    Thanks will do.

    Mike, Oct 22, 2006
  13. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Roy G" <> wrote in message
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    >> How can
    >> I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    >> rug.
    >> I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    >> Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    >> use it
    >> because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    >> enter
    >> a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    >> threw out
    >> the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    >> some features in the Olympus software.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    > Hi.
    >
    > If you are running Win XP, it can do the resizing semi automatically for
    > you.
    >
    > Just select image or images in their folder and click on "Email this File"
    > in the Left Hand Pane.
    >
    > You will get a dialogue box which allows you to select a couple of reduced
    > sizes.

    Great, I'm using Outlook Express to send/receive email.

    Mike, Oct 22, 2006
  14. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "chaser" <> wrote in message
    > "Mike" <> wrote in news:yjw_g.3120$k63.1482@trndny06:
    >
    >> Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    >> How can
    >> I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of
    >> a rug.
    >> I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    >> Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I
    >> don't use it
    >> because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    >> enter a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card
    >> then threw out
    >> the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to
    >> enable some features in the Olympus software.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    > Powertoys from Microsoft is a good one. Highlite in an Explorer window/
    > right clik and resize. As many as you want, to any size you want. Resize
    > the original or make a copy.

    Cool, I'll d/l it.

    Mike, Oct 22, 2006
  15. Mike

    Roy G Guest

    > Roy G wrote:
    >>
    >> "Mike" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    >> > How
    >> > can
    >> > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of
    >> > rug.
    >> > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    >> > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    >> > use it
    >> > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    >> > enter
    >> > a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    >> > threw out
    >> > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to
    >> > enable
    >> > some features in the Olympus software.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Mike
    >> >

    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> If you are running Win XP, it can do the resizing semi automatically for
    >> you.
    >>
    >> Just select image or images in their folder and click on "Email this
    >> File"
    >> in the Left Hand Pane.
    >>
    >> You will get a dialogue box which allows you to select a couple of
    >> reduced
    >> sizes.
    >>
    >> Roy G

    > heh you learn something new every day, thanks Roy. I guess it uses OE
    > to send though?
    > --
    > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)

    Hi Paul.

    Don't think so, it sends mine via MS Outlook, which is my default Email
    program.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Oct 22, 2006
  16. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Roy G wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Roy G wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Mike" <> wrote in message

    > >> Hi.
    > >>
    > >> If you are running Win XP, it can do the resizing semi automatically for
    > >> you.
    > >>
    > >> Just select image or images in their folder and click on "Email this
    > >> File"
    > >> in the Left Hand Pane.
    > >>
    > >> You will get a dialogue box which allows you to select a couple of
    > >> reduced
    > >> sizes.
    > >>
    > >> Roy G

    > > heh you learn something new every day, thanks Roy. I guess it uses OE
    > > to send though?
    > > --
    > > Paul (Need a lift she said much obliged)

    > Hi Paul.
    >
    > Don't think so, it sends mine via MS Outlook, which is my default Email
    > program.
    >
    > Roy G

    ah, my default is netscape (old) but windows doesn't let me set it for
    all applications I would like. I don't use outlook either. Oh yeah,
    forgot to mention I also installed that windows resizer which lets you
    right click any image and resize.

    It's on this page

    Paul Heslop, Oct 22, 2006
  17. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    chaser wrote:

    > "Mike" <> wrote in news:yjw_g.3120$k63.1482@trndny06:
    >
    > > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    > > How can
    > > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of
    > > a rug.
    > > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I
    > > don't use it
    > > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > > enter a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card
    > > then threw out
    > > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to
    > > enable some features in the Olympus software.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >

    > Powertoys from Microsoft is a good one. Highlite in an Explorer window/
    > right clik and resize. As many as you want, to any size you want. Resize
    > the original or make a copy.

    > JP

    heh, wish I'd read this before I posted it again :O)

    Paul Heslop, Oct 22, 2006
  18. Mike

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Mike wrote:

    > "chaser" <> wrote in message
    > > "Mike" <> wrote in news:yjw_g.3120$k63.1482@trndny06:
    > >
    > >> Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each.
    > >> How can
    > >> I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of
    > >> a rug.
    > >> I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > >> Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I
    > >> don't use it
    > >> because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > >> enter a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card
    > >> then threw out
    > >> the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to
    > >> enable some features in the Olympus software.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Mike
    > >>

    > > Powertoys from Microsoft is a good one. Highlite in an Explorer window/
    > > right clik and resize. As many as you want, to any size you want. Resize
    > > the original or make a copy.
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

    > Cool, I'll d/l it.

    It's still good to have something like Irfanview anyway as it can do
    other processes and you can sharpen image if resizing makes them look
    soft etc.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 22, 2006
  19. Mike

    Bill K Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I want to email somepictures but they are slightly over 5MB each. How
    > > can
    > > I reduce to siz and maintain picture integerity? They are pictures of a
    > > rug.
    > > I don't own any photo editing software. Ooops, I do own Olympus
    > > Master v1.42 photo editing that came with my Olympus C-7000 but I don't
    > > use it
    > > because it';s not intutive and some features aren't available unless I
    > > enter
    > > a code from a xD card package. I bought a 1MB hi speed xD card then
    > > threw out
    > > the packaging. Turns out I need a # number from the packaging to enable
    > > some features in the Olympus software.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >

    > Hi.
    >
    > If you are running Win XP, it can do the resizing semi automatically for
    > you.
    >
    > Just select image or images in their folder and click on "Email this File"
    > in the Left Hand Pane.
    >
    > You will get a dialogue box which allows you to select a couple of reduced
    > sizes.
    >
    > Roy G

    I didn't know that. You learn something every day. Thanks, Roy. I need
    to get my nose out of Photoshop. But, then, I spent all that money for
    it.
    --
    Gator Bait

    Bill K, Oct 22, 2006
  20. Mike

    Mike Guest

    "Dan Sullivan" <> wrote in message

    > Download picasa2 (it's free and easier to use than OM software) and
    > email from there. You can reduce the size of the files in the email
    > process.
    >
    > And picasa2 is great for correcting, fixing and tuning your picts, too.
    >
    > Also special effects.

    I'm very impressed w/ Picasa2. Really like the "I'm feeling lucy" and "auto
    contrast" features.

    Mike, Oct 23, 2006