    buck Guest

    Can someone give me step by step instrutions on how to read' Saved' items
    attached to emails? Nancy Brown
    buck, Aug 8, 2006

  2. buck

    Mike Easter Guest

    buck wrote:

    > Can someone give me step by step instrutions on how to read' Saved'
    > items attached to emails?

    You haven't made your question clear. It would be better if you would
    name a specific situation.

    What you see with your OE mua mailuser agent depends on how it is
    configured to display, and it is inherently dangerously configured. OE
    uses IE Internet Explorer's html rendering system to render html, which
    is full of dangerous potential including scripts, and IE should be
    configured to be very restricted in how it renders for OE.

    In the case of 'simple' plaintext mail, that may have any kind of
    attachment. How the attachment is handled, including Saving is at your
    discretion. What the attachment is and which application should be used
    to access the attachment can be a huge list, and your operating system
    may not be configured to show you what the attachment's file extension
    is.

    It would be better for us to talk about one attachment on one mail than
    some 'generic' concept as you have posed your question.

    Open the mail which caused you to ask your question. Read the name of
    the file which is in the Attachment line. If your system is configured
    so that it doesn't show you the extension on the filename, that needs to
    be fixed.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 8, 2006

  3. buck

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:31:58 -0600, "buck" <> wrote:

    >Can someone give me step by step instrutions on how to read' Saved' items
    >attached to emails? Nancy Brown

    The Help file in your e-mail client, whatever e-mail client that may
    be, would be a good starting point.
    Evan Platt, Aug 8, 2006
  4. buck

    Plato Guest

    buck wrote:

    > Can someone give me step by step instrutions on how to read' Saved' items
    > attached to emails? Nancy Brown

    Depends on your email program. For example, for the email program I use,
    ie Calypso, I just double click on the message to see the attachment.
    Then I can save it to s special folder.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 9, 2006