    I can read them?

    Using OE; IE; have Word 2003.

    Thank you.

    its_my_dime, Dec 17, 2004

  2. its_my_dime

    why? Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. its_my_dime

    its_my_dime Guest

    Thanks. It works. I've had some minor success in tracking down some of
    the financial spam senders, and I wanted to read some of the posted stuff
    that others had received in the original form.

    imd

    its_my_dime, Dec 17, 2004
  4. its_my_dime

    Mike Easter Guest

    its_my_dime wrote:
    > Postings in some new groups (for example - abuse.sightings) include
    > original email messages in an HTML - MIME format.
    >
    > How do I reconsitute this portion of the message into the original
    > email so I can read them?
    >
    > Using OE; IE; have Word 2003.

    There is a little problem in that what I like to call 'smtp mime' [that
    is, the original complete headers continuous with the unrendered html]
    has 'experienced' or 'collected' linewraps due to the newsagent posting
    into the newsgroup.

    Using your OE, select a sightings news item, if it is open use ctrl-F3,
    closed or open you can use File/ Properties/ Details tab/ Message source
    button - select all copy and paste it into some kind of editor like
    Notepad.

    Now, you need to get rid of the newsgroup headers and anything else
    which isn't the original mail item's headers; and you also need to make
    sure that the wrapping of the headers is consistent with their original
    smtp mime condition. That is, there are no EOLs after a fieldname such
    as Received: or From: etc. They [the wraps] may have leading whitespace
    and such, but not EOLs.

    That trick above is easier than it sounds, with some practice you can do
    it in a few keystrokes. It isn't necessary to make it perfectly smtp
    configured; the field values can all be on oneline.

    The linewraps which have been introduced into the raw html will
    generally have to be left in there, that part would be too tedious to
    figure out; you just hope for the best on the display.

    Then, after it is cleaned up into approximately the same condition it
    would've been in if you had accessed those same properties as the
    recipient of the mail, you save it as 'whatever.eml'

    Then, if you open the whatever.eml it will be opened by your OE and
    rendered by your OE's IE html rendering engine. It will look just as if
    you had received it and opened it yourself, except the To: and such will
    reflect that of the original recipient.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2004
  5. its_my_dime

    Mike Easter Guest

    its_my_dime wrote:
    > How do I reconsitute this portion of the message into the original
    > email so I can read them?

    A lot of people wonder how it comes to pass that I 'read' or html render
    some spam in nana-sightings when I don't ever 'read' or open my own,
    except under very unusual circumstances.

    I also sometimes 'have to' do it in news.spamcop.net/spamcop.spam

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 17, 2004