    Steve

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Sep 2, 2003

  2. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    Open a DOS box and type:

    dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt

    You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
    of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
    or word processor, for viewing/printing.

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:09:42 +0100, in
    <bj30li$fq8$>
    Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2003

  3. cheers Mike......again...;-))

    --
    ----------Pull The Pin to Reply-------------

    Steve 'Wacko', Sep 2, 2003
  4. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:03:07 +0100, in
    <bj33pt$k6g$>
    Steve 'Wacko' scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Steve 'Wacko'

    NoOne Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Open a DOS box and type:
    >
    > dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
    >
    > You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
    > of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
    > or word processor, for viewing/printing.

    Great tip there Mike! Can you tell me though, when using Win XP does the
    folder 'desktop' already exist inside the c:\windows folder, or does the
    above command create it? I just used your tip, but don't know if I should
    delete the 'new' windows folder!
    Apart from the favs.txt file, it's empty btw!
    Thanks!
    Geo.

    NoOne, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Steve 'Wacko'

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 23:37:46 +0100, in
    <vZ85b.686$>
    NoOne scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Open a DOS box and type:
    >>
    >> dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
    >>
    >> You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
    >> of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
    >> or word processor, for viewing/printing.

    >Great tip there Mike! Can you tell me though, when using Win XP does the
    >folder 'desktop' already exist inside the c:\windows folder, or does the
    >above command create it? I just used your tip, but don't know if I should
    >delete the 'new' windows folder!
    >Apart from the favs.txt file, it's empty btw!
    >Thanks!
    >Geo.

    No. You need to alter the path/s to suit your XP installation.
    The OP was using OE5, so it was a good bet he wasn't using
    Windows XP.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2003
  7. "NoOne" <> wrote in message

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > > Open a DOS box and type:
    > >
    > > dir /s /b /on c:\windows\favori~1 >c:\windows\desktop\favs.txt
    > >
    > > You will then get a text file (favs.txt) on you desktop with a listing
    > > of your favorites, which you can load into your favourite text editor,
    > > or word processor, for viewing/printing.

    > Great tip there Mike! Can you tell me though, when using Win XP does the
    > folder 'desktop' already exist inside the c:\windows folder, or does the
    > above command create it? I just used your tip, but don't know if I should
    > delete the 'new' windows folder!
    > Apart from the favs.txt file, it's empty btw!
    > Thanks!
    > Geo.

    For XP the Desktop folder defaults to

    C:\Documents and Settings\USERPROFILE\Desktop

    Where USERPROFILE is replaced by the exact user name used to log on. If you
    aren't sure what it is, it should be at the top of the window that pops up
    when you click on your Start button.

    Sentient Fluid, Sep 3, 2003