    but for some reason, my PC will no longer play them and if I save them, my
    media player says it does not support this format!? vi_ram, whatever that
    is.

    eugene, Apr 11, 2004

  2. On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:03:02 +0000, eugene wrote:

    > I attended the funeral of my brother's wife today. She was brutally murdered
    > four months ago and her body was only found this week. There are loads of
    > BBC videos on their news site and I am trying to catch up with them just now
    > but for some reason, my PC will no longer play them and if I save them, my
    > media player says it does not support this format!? vi_ram, whatever that
    > is.

    RealPlayer.

    www.real.com

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)

    michael turner, Apr 11, 2004

  3. eugene

    tigercat Guest

    ram files are realplayer metafiles - info files as stated. They cannot be
    played, but do indeed refer to playable files.

    Ram & .rm files only play in their own player (officially). Where as .mp3
    files are universal & play on nearly any PC with nearly any audio player.

    RealMedia. The RealMedia (.ram or .rm) files are streamed and play as they
    download. As a result, they start playing quickly before the entire video is
    downloaded. On slow connections, they may pause occasionally as the stream
    catches up, so they don't have the smooth flow of some videos. These files
    are only temporarily stored on the computer, so an Internet connection is
    needed for viewing. RealMedia files can be played on Media Player for
    Windows or Real Media Player for any platform.

    tigercat, Apr 11, 2004
  4. eugene

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>, zvxr.gheare1963
    @ivetva.arg says...
    > On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:03:02 +0000, eugene wrote:
    >
    > > I attended the funeral of my brother's wife today. She was brutally murdered
    > > four months ago and her body was only found this week. There are loads of
    > > BBC videos on their news site and I am trying to catch up with them just now
    > > but for some reason, my PC will no longer play them and if I save them, my
    > > media player says it does not support this format!? vi_ram, whatever that
    > > is.

    > RealPlayer.
    >
    > www.real.com

    Even better, Real Alternative
    http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

    None of that Real spy-ware.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 11, 2004
  5. eugene

    Eugene Solot Guest

    ram files are Real Audio Movies but don't know about them with the vi. You
    might try the Real Player though

    Eugene Solot, Apr 12, 2004
  6. eugene

    eugene Guest

    Thanks guys. I was able to redownload RealPlayer and I am sorted now,
    Eugene

    eugene, Apr 12, 2004
  7. eugene

    anthonyberet Guest

    eugene wrote:
    > Thanks guys. I was able to redownload RealPlayer and I am sorted now,

    Delete realplayer immediately, and get real alternative.
    I can't understand why anyone recommended relaplayer to you.

    anthonyberet, Apr 14, 2004