    anyone tell me where to get affordable but relevant practice tests and
    perhaps the same for online training? Are microsoft's e-learning classes for
    the tests worth it cause they're pretty expensive? Thanks.
    xr280xr, Apr 3, 2008

  2. xr280xr

    Guest

    Often training courses are intended to help you learn the product to
    apply the knowledge on the job. While they give information for the
    exam, that's not their focus.

    You don't mention what exam you're pursuing (there are many MCTS
    exams), but purchasing a book (or even a few books) dedicated to the
    exam can help you quite a bit in passing any exam. Most exam focused
    books will have relevant information, labs or exercises you can do at
    your own pace, end of chapter questions to test your knowledge, and a
    testing engine on a CD.

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    http://mcitpsuccess.com/
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)

    On Apr 3, 2:37 pm, xr280xr <> wrote:
    > Hi, sorry for the lame question, but I keep finding myself procrastinating on
    > this certification because I'm just not sure what to do. I went through a
    > training course on it (Windows Apps) but I feel like it wasn't very good. Can
    > anyone tell me where to get affordable but relevant practice tests and
    > perhaps the same for online training? Are microsoft's e-learning classes for
    > the tests worth it cause they're pretty expensive? Thanks.
    , Apr 4, 2008

  3. xr280xr

    xr280xr Guest

    Hi, thanks for your response. The training course I took was actually a mcts
    training course, but it was just not very impressive to me. I am talking
    about the windows applications MCTS which are tests 70-536 and 70-526. Can
    you recommend any specific books/authors/publishers? Thanks.

    xr280xr, Apr 6, 2008