    it diverts back to the basic calculator.

    How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that way?

    Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.
    crb, May 28, 2005

  2. crb

    Duane ;-\) Guest

    "crb" <> wrote in message news:...
    > XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
    >
    > I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
    > it diverts back to the basic calculator.
    >
    > How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that
    > way?

    I just did on my XP pro machine and have no problems in this area.

    Duane :)
    ..
    Duane ;-\), May 28, 2005

  3. crb

    John Holmes Guest

    crb <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
    >
    > I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
    > it diverts back to the basic calculator.
    >
    > How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay
    > that way?
    >
    > Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

    Start>run>calc
    click view> scientific
    Close the program by clicking the X in the up right corner

    Start>run>calc gives me the scientific view now.

    --
    Your mother was an aged prostitute who used to make silly armpit noises
    at the local Fire Station.
    John Holmes, May 28, 2005
  4. crb

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:28:57 -0700, crb <> wrote:

    >XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
    >
    >I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
    >it diverts back to the basic calculator.
    >
    >How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that way?
    >
    >Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

    I'm not sure but that may require a write to the registry. Do you have
    admin rights on that machine?
    Evan Platt, May 28, 2005
  5. crb

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I have a program that will do it. Get it here
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Bcalc.zip

    pcbutts1, May 28, 2005
  6. "crb" <> wrote in message news:...
    > XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
    >
    > I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
    > it diverts back to the basic calculator.
    >
    > How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that
    > way?
    >
    > Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.

    Click on "View" at top of window. Left-click the mouse on scientific.
    Close with Red X. You can put a calculator icon on your desktop.

    Start-->ALL Programs-->Accessories-->right-click on calc
    An option that appears in the middle of
    that dropdown list is "create shortcut"
    Left-click on create shortcut and drag the calc (2) icon to the desktop.
    Stephen Harris, May 29, 2005
  7. crb

    crb Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:28:57 -0700, crb <> wrote:
    >

    >>XP at work and the scientific windows calculator.
    >>
    >>I change it to a scientific calculator but when I close it and re open
    >>it diverts back to the basic calculator.
    >>
    >>How do I make XP remember to open as a scientific calc and to stay that way?
    >>
    >>Win 98 at home has no problem remembering.
    >>

    >I'm not sure but that may require a write to the registry. Do you have
    >admin rights on that machine?

    I think that is what it is. No admin rights at work. I also had the
    problem of not
    being able to change to computer clock to a particular time zone which
    probably
    also is a write to the registry.

    thanks
    crb, May 29, 2005