    the screen. Nothing I seem to be able to do will drag it back to the bottom
    of the screen. Any suggestions?

    Martin
    Starstuffed, Jul 29, 2003

  2. "Starstuffed" <> wrote in message
    news:3uzVa.1750$...
    > I don't know how I did it, but I've got the toolbar which is normally
    > running along the bottom margin of my screen, positioned along the top of
    > the screen. Nothing I seem to be able to do will drag it back to the bottom
    > of the screen. Any suggestions?
    >

    > Martin

    Click on it and drag it back !
    Steven Pilbeam, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Starstuffed

    Phil® Guest

    <To add to the good advice>
    On an empty area of the tool bar, near the line,
    position your mouse till when you left click
    and hold the edge of the bar highlights and a double arrow appears.
    Still holding down the left mouse drag the bar
    to an area where you want and release.

    Phil®, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Starstuffed

    Patrick Guest

    Starstuffed wrote:
    > I don't know how I did it, but I've got the toolbar which is normally
    > running along the bottom margin of my screen, positioned along the
    > top of the screen. Nothing I seem to be able to do will drag it back
    > to the bottom of the screen. Any suggestions?
    >

    > Martin

    With regards to what others have said, it is that the Toolbar may be locked,
    so you will not be able to move it.
    To check this, right-click the toolbar, a menu will appear with option 'Lock
    the Toolbar', if this is ticked, click the option so the tick goes away.
    You should now be able to drag the Toolbar (with the left button) to the
    bottom.
    If all this goes well, put the tick back on 'Lock the toolbar'.
    Patrick, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Starstuffed

    Ian Cox Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:59:11 GMT, Starstuffed wrote:

    > I don't know how I did it, but I've got the toolbar which is normally
    > running along the bottom margin of my screen, positioned along the top of
    > the screen. Nothing I seem to be able to do will drag it back to the bottom
    > of the screen. Any suggestions?

    Right-click on the taskbar and make sure that "Lock the Tasbar" is not
    ticked.

    HTH

    --
    Ian Cox
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Ian Cox, Jul 29, 2003
  6. Starstuffed

    Ian Cox Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:39:14 +0100, Patrick wrote:

    > With regards to what others have said, it is that the Toolbar may be locked,
    > so you will not be able to move it.
    > To check this, right-click the toolbar, a menu will appear with option 'Lock
    > the Toolbar', if this is ticked, click the option so the tick goes away.
    > You should now be able to drag the Toolbar (with the left button) to the
    > bottom.
    > If all this goes well, put the tick back on 'Lock the toolbar'.

    D'OH!

    <note to self: always refresh before posting replies>

    --
    Ian Cox
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Ian Cox, Jul 29, 2003
  7. Starstuffed

    Michael Guest

    In <news:3uzVa.1750$>,
    Starstuffed said:

    > I don't know how I did it, but I've got the toolbar which is normally
    > running along the bottom margin of my screen, positioned along the
    > top of the screen. Nothing I seem to be able to do will drag it back
    > to the bottom of the screen. Any suggestions?
    >

    > Martin

    Is it locked?

    Unklock it first... (right-click it and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar")... then
    drag it back to the bottom.

    ((U))
    Michael, Jul 29, 2003
  8. Starstuffed

    Jim Guest

    Neat! Learn something new everyday. Thanks. :)

    Jim, Jul 29, 2003
  9. Starstuffed

    Patrick Guest

    Ian Cox wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:39:14 +0100, Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> With regards to what others have said, it is that the Toolbar may be
    >> locked, so you will not be able to move it.
    >> To check this, right-click the toolbar, a menu will appear with
    >> option 'Lock the Toolbar', if this is ticked, click the option so
    >> the tick goes away. You should now be able to drag the Toolbar (with
    >> the left button) to the bottom.
    >> If all this goes well, put the tick back on 'Lock the toolbar'.

    > D'OH!
    >
    > <note to self: always refresh before posting replies>

    I,m a touch confused Ian, but you have explained same thing much more
    succinctly than myself.
    Cheers Patrick
    Patrick, Jul 29, 2003
  10. Starstuffed

    Starstuffed Guest

    > With regards to what others have said, it is that the Toolbar may be

    locked,
    > so you will not be able to move it.
    > To check this, right-click the toolbar, a menu will appear with option

    'Lock
    > the Toolbar', if this is ticked, click the option so the tick goes away.
    > You should now be able to drag the Toolbar (with the left button) to the
    > bottom.
    > If all this goes well, put the tick back on 'Lock the toolbar'.

    When I right-click the toolbar, the 'Lock the Toolbar' option does not
    appear. What does appear is a box which lists: Toolbars, Cascade Windows,
    Tile Windows Horizontally, Tile Windows Vertically, Minimize All Windows,
    and Properties. If I hover over 'Toolbars' in this pop-up box another
    pop-up box appears with the following options: Links, Addresses, Desktop,
    Quick Launch, and New Toolbar.

    I am running IE5.5.

    When I "grab" the toolbar and try to drag it down, all it does is expand the
    grayed area of the toolbar (makes it "fatter") but will not pull it all the
    way to the bottom of the screen. . .only about a little less than one half
    of the way down.

    Perhaps I'm not calling the feature by its correct name. It is the bar
    which has the "Start" button on it and all the way to the left. To the far
    right is the clock plus all the little quick launch icons.

    .. . .Martin
    Starstuffed, Jul 30, 2003
  11. Starstuffed

    Starstuffed Guest

    > I don't know how I did it, but I've got the toolbar which is normally
    > running along the bottom margin of my screen, positioned along the top of
    > the screen. Nothing I seem to be able to do will drag it back to the

    bottom
    > of the screen. Any suggestions?
    >

    > Martin

    BULLETIN. . .Thanks everyone for the help. I just managed to get it back to
    the bottom of the page.

    Martin
    Starstuffed, Jul 30, 2003
  12. Starstuffed

    Patrick Guest

    Starstuffed wrote:
    >> With regards to what others have said, it is that the Toolbar may be
    >> locked, so you will not be able to move it.
    >> To check this, right-click the toolbar, a menu will appear with
    >> option 'Lock the Toolbar', if this is ticked, click the option so
    >> the tick goes away. You should now be able to drag the Toolbar (with
    >> the left button) to the bottom.
    >> If all this goes well, put the tick back on 'Lock the toolbar'.
    >>

    > When I right-click the toolbar, the 'Lock the Toolbar' option does not
    > appear. What does appear is a box which lists: Toolbars, Cascade
    > Windows, Tile Windows Horizontally, Tile Windows Vertically, Minimize
    > All Windows, and Properties. If I hover over 'Toolbars' in this
    > pop-up box another pop-up box appears with the following options:
    > Links, Addresses, Desktop, Quick Launch, and New Toolbar.
    >
    > I am running IE5.5.
    >
    > When I "grab" the toolbar and try to drag it down, all it does is
    > expand the grayed area of the toolbar (makes it "fatter") but will
    > not pull it all the way to the bottom of the screen. . .only about a
    > little less than one half of the way down.
    >
    > Perhaps I'm not calling the feature by its correct name. It is the
    > bar which has the "Start" button on it and all the way to the left.
    > To the far right is the clock plus all the little quick launch icons.
    >
    > . . .Martin

    Sorry I presumed XP, if it is that you can make the Taskbar bigger or
    smaller then I guess that it is allready unlocked. I have not studied what
    others have said on this thread but I suspect that you have been told to
    seek a double-arrow, the double-arrow is for the purpose of doing what you
    did (change the size of the taskbar. What you could try is put your cursor
    over a blank part of the taskbar, press and hold left button and drag (you
    may not see anything happen until your cursor is more than half way across
    the screen.
    PS you might be able to see the 'lock taskbar' option from properties on a
    right-click of taskbar, (sorry not familiar with 98).
    Patrick, Jul 30, 2003