    at once in the layers tab. I have about 45 layers I need to move
    underneath another 45 layers. Moving them one at a time is a pain and
    a time waster. Any ideas?

    David D, Jul 25, 2006

  2. David D

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    "David D" <> wrote:

    > I am using PShop 7 and I cannot figure out how to move multiple layers
    > at once in the layers tab. I have about 45 layers I need to move
    > underneath another 45 layers. Moving them one at a time is a pain and
    > a time waster. Any ideas?

    I suggest you post your question on the comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    group.

    Shawn Hirn, Jul 25, 2006

  3. David D

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >David D wrote:
    > I am using PShop 7 and I cannot figure out how to move multiple layers
    > at once in the layers tab. I have about 45 layers I need to move
    > underneath another 45 layers. Moving them one at a time is a pain and
    > a time waster. Any ideas?

    You can link layers to other layers, then they will all move together
    .... just look up 'linking layers' in Help for details (or just make one
    layer active and click in the second box from the left to turn on the
    'chain' icon to do it).

    If you have 45 layers you might also look into "Layer Sets" as a
    convenient way to organize them as it allows you to group layers into
    sets and enable/disable them together, among other tricks.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jul 25, 2006
  4. David D

    Trey Selman Guest

    I think layer sets is how this can be done in v.7

    In CS2 this is a breeze you can easily select multiple layers.

    Trey Selman, Jul 25, 2006
  5. David D

    Daryl Bryant Guest

    I don't have ver7 - In ver8 you can create a set of layers i.e. you can then
    move the entire set!

    -
    Bing Bang Boom Viola Done!

    Daryl Bryant, Jul 25, 2006
  6. In article <>, David D
    wrote:
    > I have about 45 layers I need to move
    > underneath another 45 layers.

    Why so many? (Not criticising; just curious.)

    Roger

    Roger Whitehead, Jul 26, 2006
  7. In article <>,
    Roger Whitehead <> wrote:

    > In article <>, David D
    > wrote:
    > > I have about 45 layers I need to move
    > > underneath another 45 layers.

    > Why so many? (Not criticising; just curious.)
    >
    > Roger

    Having a hard time getting it right :)

    --
    There are two ways to spell Ockham/Occam. Britannica prefers the former.

    Ockham's Razor, Jul 26, 2006
  8. David D

    David D Guest

    Creating a game board - have 45 squares with 45 numbers on them and 45
    categories...

    David D, Jul 26, 2006
  9. In article <>, David
    D wrote:
    > Creating a game board - have 45 squares with 45 numbers on them and 45
    > categories...

    Right; thanks. Makes sense now you've explained. :cool:

    Good luck with it.

    Roger

    Roger Whitehead, Jul 28, 2006