  1. Guest

    secure tunnels are slow ,whats the fastest and simplest way ?
    , Aug 18, 2007

  2. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > secure tunnels are slow ,whats the fastest and simplest way ?

    Secure tunnels don't mask your IP address. Any and every host to
    which you connect knows your IP address. It is required for TCP to
    work. The host to which you connect must know your IP address so it
    knows where to send back the data you request, like a web page or file
    download.
    Vanguard, Aug 18, 2007

  3. "Vanguard" <> wrote:

    > Secure tunnels don't mask your IP address. Any and every host to
    > which you connect knows your IP address.

    I assume he's talking about stuff like SecureIX - those services WILL
    hide your IP from the server you're connecting to, as they basically
    are VPN connections into the LAN of the VPN provider, who then allows
    you to connect out via his NAT router.

    Minor drawback: The VPN provider can see anything you do.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Hidden DOS secret: add BUGS=OFF to your CONFIG.SYS
    Juergen Nieveler, Aug 18, 2007
  4. Vanguard Guest

    "Juergen Nieveler" wrote in message
    > "Vanguard" wrote:
    >
    >> Secure tunnels don't mask your IP address. Any and every host to
    >> which you connect knows your IP address.

    > I assume he's talking about stuff like SecureIX - those services
    > WILL
    > hide your IP from the server you're connecting to, as they basically
    > are VPN connections into the LAN of the VPN provider, who then
    > allows
    > you to connect out via his NAT router.
    >
    > Minor drawback: The VPN provider can see anything you do.

    Just like those public proxies operated by unknowns.
    Vanguard, Aug 19, 2007
  5. Floyd P Guest

    On Aug 18, 11:44 am, wrote:
    > secure tunnels are slow ,whats the fastest and simplest way ?

    http://tor.eff.org/overview.html.en

    tor is just about the best thing you're gonna find.
    Floyd P, Aug 19, 2007