    Help.

    Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Steve

    karlpov Guest

    On 21 Aug 2004 17:47:56 -0700, (Steve) wrote:

    > Long story short. My Uncle died a few days ago. He was the
    >last of the generation, my Dad and an older Uncle died years ago.
    >
    > I've had a Liteon DVD recorder since May. I've taken the old
    >super8movies -converted to vhs tapes and played them into my dvd
    >recorder as a dvd-rw disc. I can watch them on my PC's dvd drive. I
    >just want to take a few freeezeframes -vidcaps- to email to family.
    >Help.

    Don't know whether you can do it without a PC. If you have a PC with a
    DVD drive and DVD player software, the software should include a way
    to grab a picture. I use InterVideo WinDVD 6 (the basic version),
    which makes it very simple. (I've never gotten Windows Media Player to
    play a DVD, let alone capture pictures from one. Talk about completely
    useless software. There's nothing it will do that I wouldn't rather do
    with another program.)
    karlpov, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Steve

    Crow T Robot Guest