    I thought using the "K" command would do this. Or clicking the
    checkbox towards the left of the Sender column. But nothing seems to
    suppress the trash from .
    Stubby, Dec 27, 2006

  2. Stubby

    Doug G Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > I thought using the "K" command would do this. Or clicking the
    > checkbox towards the left of the Sender column. But nothing seems to
    > suppress the trash from .

    I created a server message filter that marks the messages as read and
    have subscribed groups set to show Threads with Unread. Headers
    downloaded before filter creation have to be marked manually.
    Doug G, Dec 27, 2006

  3. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >> I thought using the "K" command would do this. Or clicking the
    >> checkbox towards the left of the Sender column. But nothing seems to
    >> suppress the trash from .

    > I created a server message filter that marks the messages as read and
    > have subscribed groups set to show Threads with Unread. Headers
    > downloaded before filter creation have to be marked manually.

    I hope "server message filter" is what Tools>Message Filters controls.
    I'll try your solution. Thanks.
    Stubby, Dec 27, 2006
  4. Stubby

    Doug G Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > Doug G wrote:
    >> Stubby wrote:
    >>> I thought using the "K" command would do this. Or clicking the
    >>> checkbox towards the left of the Sender column. But nothing seems to
    >>> suppress the trash from .

    >> I created a server message filter that marks the messages as read and
    >> have subscribed groups set to show Threads with Unread. Headers
    >> downloaded before filter creation have to be marked manually.

    > I hope "server message filter" is what Tools>Message Filters controls.
    > I'll try your solution. Thanks.

    It is. When I saw posts from that person in several of my subscribed
    newsgroups, I created the filter on my ISP's news server instead of each
    group.

    The filter rule is: From - Contains - , so it marks
    messages from and .
    Doug G, Dec 27, 2006
  5. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >>
    >> Doug G wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I created a server message filter that marks the messages as read and
    >>> have subscribed groups set to show Threads with Unread. Headers
    >>> downloaded before filter creation have to be marked manually.

    >> I hope "server message filter" is what Tools>Message Filters controls.
    >> I'll try your solution. Thanks.

    > It is. When I saw posts from that person in several of my subscribed
    > newsgroups, I created the filter on my ISP's news server instead of each
    > group.
    >
    > The filter rule is: From - Contains - , so it marks
    > messages from and .

    Super. I like using just "Victim" instead of 2 rules. Thanks for the
    help!
    Stubby, Dec 28, 2006