    Anyone any ideas?

    Cheers

    Si
    Si, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Si

    Pompey© Guest

    XP does it :)

    Control Panel, System, Advanced, Performance area, Settings button
    Visual Effects tab

    "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the Desktop"
    Daryn
    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > my desktop icons have a coloured background spoiling the look of my

    desktop.

    Pompey©, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Si

    Harrison Guest

    http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/troub-04.html
    Harrison, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Si

    Si Guest

    Sorry Pompey@ but I cant see the option in the list to do this.

    Which effect should I tick or untick?

    Sorry to appear thick, but I just cant see it!

    Your help is much appreciated.

    Si

    Si, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Si

    Si Guest

    Thanks Harrison thats sorted it. Your a star!

    Si, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Try this
    http://www.sillysot.com/

    works a treat

    Dr Hackenbush, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Si

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Dr Hackenbush said:

    > Try this
    > http://www.sillysot.com/
    >
    > works a treat

    Lovely jubbly, I've been looking for something myself to replace transparent.exe

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Scroll down. It is the second to the last in the scroll window....;o)

    "Si" <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:1ht%b.827$:

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Why have another program running when it is available through WinXP and
    already enabled? So that means its running twice?. Well okay. Just
    wondering?

    Never mind...."*This program is sillyware.*" Made me chuckle...;oD

    "Dr Hackenbush" <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:3ju%b.162$fw6.73@newsfe1-win:

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Even if i turn it off it makes absolutely no difference to my resources
    useage. Plus its far better than XP's effort. XP still leaves you with
    crappy shadowed text
    It might be sillyware but it does an excellent job and you cant ask for more
    than that.......or can you ?

    Dr Hackenbush, Feb 27, 2004
  11. Nope, I couldn't ask for more than that. I could use it for my Win98SE
    box. I have always used something like DeskClear, of which I can't find
    a link at the moment.

    But thanks for the link. I'll probably play with it in the future for
    Win9x, ME boxes, but XP takes care of the problem nicely for me....;o)

    "Dr Hackenbush" <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:Bmw%b.2125$:

    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 27, 2004
  12. Si

    Richard Guest

    Si wrote:

    > Hi

    > my desktop icons have a coloured background spoiling the look of my
    > desktop.

    > How to I make these icons transparent?

    > I tried a programme called Activeicons but it didnt work. Ive also tried
    > Tweak UI, Fresh UI, and Xteq Systems but with no luck.

    > Im using XP Pro.

    > Anyone any ideas?

    > Cheers

    > Si

    Create a folder for the desktop, put all icons in it.
    Richard, Feb 27, 2004
  13. Si

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Si wrote:
    >
    > > Hi

    > > my desktop icons have a coloured background spoiling the look of my
    > > desktop.

    > > How to I make these icons transparent?

    > > I tried a programme called Activeicons but it didnt work. Ive also tried
    > > Tweak UI, Fresh UI, and Xteq Systems but with no luck.

    > > Im using XP Pro.

    > > Anyone any ideas?

    > > Cheers

    > > Si

    > Create a folder for the desktop, put all icons in it.

    And just how just placing the icons in a folder on the desktop make the text
    background transparent?
    My God you get stoopider by the hour.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 27, 2004