    available. Is there any simple answer to my problem? As it stands, I
    have the automatic upgrades off.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Eric Stevens

    chris Guest

    Eric Stevens wrote:

    > I have the original CD and my installation is up to SP4. I recently
    > down loaded a MS security upgrade (automatic upgrade) and it rendered
    > my machine unbootable. I ran the original W2000 CD-ROM in repair mode
    > and it made it even more unbootable. An aquaintance caome round with
    > W2000 SP3 CD and that goth the machine away again. I tried to buy a
    > W2000 SP3 or SP4 from Microsoft but they tell me they are no longer
    > available. Is there any simple answer to my problem? As it stands, I
    > have the automatic upgrades off.
    >

    > Eric Stevens

    http://old.bink.nu/bootcd/

    http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=277

    http://www.petri.co.il/windows_2000_xp_sp_slipstreaming.htm

    Instructions for making a bootable Win2k CD with SP4 integrated.

    Or you could just download SP4 from the Windows Update site.

    Chris.

    chris, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:31:21 +1300, chris <>
    wrote:

    >Eric Stevens wrote:
    >
    >> I have the original CD and my installation is up to SP4. I recently
    >> down loaded a MS security upgrade (automatic upgrade) and it rendered
    >> my machine unbootable. I ran the original W2000 CD-ROM in repair mode
    >> and it made it even more unbootable. An aquaintance caome round with
    >> W2000 SP3 CD and that goth the machine away again. I tried to buy a
    >> W2000 SP3 or SP4 from Microsoft but they tell me they are no longer
    >> available. Is there any simple answer to my problem? As it stands, I
    >> have the automatic upgrades off.
    >>

    >> Eric Stevens

    >http://old.bink.nu/bootcd/
    >
    >http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=277
    >
    >http://www.petri.co.il/windows_2000_xp_sp_slipstreaming.htm
    >
    >Instructions for making a bootable Win2k CD with SP4 integrated.

    Thank you for the information. I will have a look at them.

    >Or you could just download SP4 from the Windows Update site.

    I have SP4. I have patched my W2000 to SP4. However, I have found that
    when I try to run W2000 in repair mode from my original SP(nil)
    version of W2000 on the CD-ROm, it does things to the SP4 version
    which makes my machine unbootable. Not a nice experience.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Eric Stevens

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Eric Stevens <> wrote in

    > I have SP4. I have patched my W2000 to SP4. However, I have found that
    > when I try to run W2000 in repair mode from my original SP(nil)
    > version of W2000 on the CD-ROm, it does things to the SP4 version
    > which makes my machine unbootable. Not a nice experience.

    Eric, this is why you will download but not install the Windows 2K SP4,
    and use it to make a slipstreamed CD using the instructions on the links
    that were give to you by chris.

    Ciao,Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 12, 2004
  5. Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:18:31 +0000 (UTC), Dave Taylor
    <> wrote:

    >Eric Stevens <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have SP4. I have patched my W2000 to SP4. However, I have found that
    >> when I try to run W2000 in repair mode from my original SP(nil)
    >> version of W2000 on the CD-ROm, it does things to the SP4 version
    >> which makes my machine unbootable. Not a nice experience.
    >>

    >Eric, this is why you will download but not install the Windows 2K SP4,
    >and use it to make a slipstreamed CD using the instructions on the links
    >that were give to you by chris.

    Minor correction. Thats why I want to create the slipstreamed CD. All
    I need to know is the best way to do it. Many thanks to Chris for the
    URLs.

    Eric Stevens

    Eric Stevens, Feb 12, 2004