    to my domain. The problem is I cannot login to domain and run login scripts
    because XP does not intialize the USB device until I login local to machine.
    How do I fix this? I have searched high and low and cannot find the answer.

    Harold, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Harold

    BINZA? Guest

    Interesting dilemma, have you installed this device and related software or
    device driver as a local admin first before trying to use it.

    BINZA?, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Harold

    Harold Guest

    yes, it works AFTER I login locally to the machine. It is at the
    CTRL+ALT+DEL screen is when the USB network adapter does not work so I
    cannot choose the domain to login to. I am told that it doesn't exist.

    I may have found another issue....
    I get this in event log when I logoff or when I reboot and PC comes back
    online. This looks like the USB might be working but not authenticating to
    the domain??? Not sure anymore.

    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: IAS
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2
    Date: 3/7/2005
    Time: 8:45:32 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: YA01-AD
    User host/fwy4d01.yacorp.com was denied access.
    Fully-Qualified-User-Name = yacorp.com/Computers/FWY4D01
    NAS-IP-Address = 10.22.3.3
    NAS-Identifier = ya-ap
    Called-Station-Identifier = 0012.44b0.7690
    Calling-Station-Identifier = 0090.4b8a.d133
    Client-Friendly-Name = cisco-ap
    Client-IP-Address = 10.22.3.3
    NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11
    NAS-Port = 113327
    Proxy-Policy-Name = Use Windows authentication for all users
    Authentication-Provider = Windows
    Authentication-Server = <undetermined>
    Policy-Name = Wireless
    Authentication-Type = PEAP
    EAP-Type = <undetermined>
    Reason-Code = 262
    Reason = The supplied message is incomplete. The signature was not
    verified.

    Harold, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Harold

    BINZA? Guest

    I think that the issue may be that you need to setup your card with some
    security settings that are needed as the card appears to be loading but has
    an IAS error which is an authentication service failure.
    These should be supplied by whoever setup your system.

    BINZA?, Mar 7, 2005