    tired.

    Can anyone tell me where I would look to find this answer quickly?

    - Lisa

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?=, Oct 14, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?=

    Michael T Guest

    You should find it in Device Manager. I would be more specific if I had not
    just put away my laptop for the night.

    Start > Run and type
    devmgmt.msc

    click OK

    Michael T, Oct 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?=

    Malke Guest

    Lisa wrote:

    > I know this is a silly question - but we just got a new desktop - and
    > I am not sure if it comes with wireless for our home networking or if
    > we have to string a cable.
    >
    > I have looked at the user manual and tried the help file - and I am
    > just tired.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me where I would look to find this answer quickly?
    >
    > - Lisa

    The specifications of the computer you bought should be in the shipping
    and/or order documents. Unless you specifically ordered a wireless
    network adapter, it is unlikely that the desktop computer came with
    one. I haven't seen any modern desktops that didn't come with built-in
    ethernet (wired), though.

    You can also look at the network adapters listed in Device Manager:

    Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager

    Click on the little plus sign next to Network Adapters and the ones you
    have will be listed.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers