    --
    pyotr filipivich
    Just because they're invisible doesn't mean they are your friends.
    pyotr filipivich, Dec 1, 2007

  2. Re: How do I kill uninstall delete remove, make funciton no more- get ride of, a plug in?

    pyotr filipivich wrote:
    > Greetings
    >
    > About two revisions back, I tried a download manager from
    > "FreshDevices". I didn't like it, so uninstalled it - I thought. Now,
    > I get a message "Freshdevice unable to take over the download!" Like I
    > wanted it to in the first place!?
    > So, how do I find where the plug in options are, so that I can
    > finally get rid of this annoyance?
    >

    > running Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.10)
    > Gecko/20071115 Firefox/2.0.0.10
    >
    > pyotr

    in the address bar, type in about:plugins and look for the
    Freshdevice entry. It should be a .dll file. Once found,
    close FF, then go into the FF plugin directory, which is
    located in the FF program directory. Find the file and
    delete it.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 1, 2007

  3. After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote on Fri, 30 Nov 2007
    16:15:19 -0800 in alt.fan.mozilla :
    >pyotr filipivich wrote:
    >> Greetings
    >>
    >> About two revisions back, I tried a download manager from
    >> "FreshDevices". I didn't like it, so uninstalled it - I thought. Now,
    >> I get a message "Freshdevice unable to take over the download!" Like I
    >> wanted it to in the first place!?
    >> So, how do I find where the plug in options are, so that I can
    >> finally get rid of this annoyance?
    >>

    >> running Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.10)
    >> Gecko/20071115 Firefox/2.0.0.10
    >>
    >> pyotr

    >in the address bar, type in about:plugins and look for the
    >Freshdevice entry. It should be a .dll file. Once found,
    >close FF, then go into the FF plugin directory, which is
    >located in the FF program directory. Find the file and
    >delete it.

    Thank you, that solved that problem. Caused a new one (what? I've
    known there is no such thing as a "quick fix" since ... 19986? 1981?
    sometime back in the dark ages...) but this problem is a simple one to
    fix. It says here, in small print. On the back of the page. In Chinese
    Braille.

    Thanks again.

    tschus
    pyotr
    --
    pyotr filipivich
    The two oldest cliches in the book are "The Good Old Days were
    pyotr filipivich, Dec 2, 2007