    as a supported protocol? I like setting my network printers up that way,
    instead of using TCP-IP... Any ideas where I should start?

    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 18, 2007

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 19, 2007
  3. OK, I downloaded and installed it, but now what? I don't see it showing up
    under the port selection types when I try to config a new printer...

    Mark

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=, Jun 21, 2007
  4. I have no idea - haven't used DLC in over 10 years. I'd suggest you ask your
    query over on one of the printing newsgroups where it belongs.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 21, 2007
  5. I wander through this stuff here as well. Since DLC was released for SNA
    server I doubt it would include the HP DLC port stuff. HP would not want
    to support this anyway.

    If hpmon.dll is included in the package the port type should be listed.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Jun 22, 2007
  6. Ah, good to see you, Alan. That's an interesting thought, re: the HP DLC not
    being in the package. The only thing I ever used DLC for was HP printers,
    and it was a long, long time ago. So I tend to forget the SNA use for it,
    though of course that was the real reason for DLC.

    In these days of TCP/IP printing being so widely supported, it's really all
    I ever use. I have an ancient JetDirect EX that I use for the one printer
    that doesn't have a network card in it. (The JetDirect is at least 15 years
    old. I remember updating the firmware on it about 10 years ago. Since then,
    nothing. Still works like a champ. One of these days I'll break down and buy
    a wireless print server. But it's way down on the priority list.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 23, 2007
  7. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-4e05-4fba-bf13-2cd53d023786&displaylang=en

    This can be used for XP or Windows 2003, but I think that its only for x86
    and not x64.

    --
    This post is provided as-is and is my opinion, check the facts before doing
    anything in production.

    http://blogs.technet.com/brad_rutkowski

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhZCBSdXRrb3dza2k=?=, Jun 25, 2007
  8. HP really hates those old products. You know the ones that don't fall apart
    after a couple years.

    I did download the package. It does not contain hpmon.dll so printing
    support is not included.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    >>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Jun 28, 2007
  9. Yeah, I'll be they do! And no consumables, either. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 28, 2007