How do I install Firefox Extensions?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Firefox Fan, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Firefox Fan

    Firefox Fan Guest

    I have Firefox version 0.9.1 and extensions will not install. I go to
    Tools >Extensions >Get more extensions and it takes me to the Mozilla.org
    extensions update page.

    For instance, I click on Adblock, and that opens a page with an "INSTALL
    NOW" button. I click and nothing happens. No install, nothing new in any
    menu either, nothing. No extensions will install at all. And my Java and
    Javascript is on.

    I right click to download the .xpi file, and drag it onto my Firefox
    browser window and nothing. I drag the file into the Extensions dialogue
    box also (Tools >Extensions) and nothing.

    Do I have to update to version 1.0? Adblock shows for version 0.7+ to
    1.0, so that shouldn't be the case. I must be missing something.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.
    a Firefox fan

    Firefox Fan, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Firefox Fan

    Firefox Fan Guest

    Nevermind, I found out I did not have "Allow websites to install
    software". Fixed it.

    Firefox Fan, Feb 5, 2005