    Paulo Guest

    I have passed the CompTIA Security+ exam and want it to count towards my
    MCSE. How do I inform Microsoft of this?
    Paulo, Oct 25, 2009

  2. "Paulo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have passed the CompTIA Security+ exam and want it to count towards my
    > MCSE. How do I inform Microsoft of this?

    First check to see if they're already on your transcript.

    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/trans.aspx

    If not, contact your Regional Service Center for assistance.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 26, 2009

  3. Paulo

    Matrixx333 Guest

    On Oct 25, 6:34 pm, Paulo <> wrote:
    > I have passed the CompTIA Security+ exam and want it to count towards my
    > MCSE. How do I inform Microsoft of this?

    From the CompTIA Website:

    How do I submit my credentials towards MCSA to Microsoft?
    Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA
    Network+
    or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified System
    Administrator (MCSA) certification program. In addition, Microsoft
    accepts
    CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both the MCSA and the Microsoft
    Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications, and as a
    specialization
    option for the MCSA: Security and MCSE: Security certifications.
    1. Take at least one Microsoft MCSA on Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    exam or
    Windows 2000 exam to obtain your MCP identification number (MCP ID).
    You must
    have your MCP ID number to apply your CompTIA credentials towards MCSA
    certification. Your MCP ID number is provided to you by e-mail after
    you take
    a Microsoft exam, regardless of whether you passed or failed the exam.
    You
    can also contact a Microsoft Regional Education Service Center for
    assistance.
    2. In order to submit your CompTIA certifications to Microsoft you
    will need
    to do the following: Log into your CompTIA record at
    www.comptia.org/careerid. If you are a first time user, you will need
    create a user name and password before you can access the database and
    you
    will need to have your score report available. If you do not have a
    copy of
    your score report, please contact the test delivery provider that you
    used to
    take your exam. They will either mail you a copy of your score report
    or
    e-mail the information to you. The test vendors’ telephone numbers are
    the
    following: VUE: 1-877-551-7587 and Prometric: 1-800-776-4276.
    3. Once you have logged into your record you will need to click on
    “publish
    credentials” and send your A+ and Network+ or Server+ for MCSA or
    Security+
    for MCSE to: . You will need to provide your MCP
    ID# in
    the text field of the validation form. You MUST use this “publish
    credentials” feature to validate your certifications to Microsoft. DO
    NOT
    send them an e-mail directly. Only by using this validation process
    will they
    accept your certification information. If you have any questions
    please
    contact Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544.
    Matrixx333, Oct 26, 2009
  4. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    Thanks for your help. I do have a CompTIA Career ID but could not find a
    "publish credentials" anywhere. THe closest I could find was the Transcript
    feature that allows you to send the transcript by email, so I added the MCP
    ID to the Private notes and sent it to the email you provided. Hope that's
    what it takes.

    Shouldn't this be clear from the website, either the CompTIA or MCP website?

    Paulo, Oct 26, 2009
  5. "Matrixx333" <> wrote in message
    On Oct 25, 6:34 pm, Paulo <> wrote:

    >> I have passed the CompTIA Security+ exam and want it to count towards my
    >> MCSE. How do I inform Microsoft of this?

    >From the CompTIA Website:

    Thanks for the post!

    So, the short version of all this is:

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 26, 2009
  6. Paulo

    Paul Jones Guest

    On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:20:47 -0500, "Lawrence Garvin [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >"Matrixx333" <> wrote in message
    >On Oct 25, 6:34 pm, Paulo <> wrote:
    >
    >>> I have passed the CompTIA Security+ exam and want it to count towards my
    >>> MCSE. How do I inform Microsoft of this?

    >>From the CompTIA Website:

    >Thanks for the post!
    >

    >So, the short version of all this is:

    And:
    "Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA
    Network+ or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified
    System Administrator (MCSA) certification program.
    In addition, Microsoft accepts CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both
    the MCSA and the Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
    certifications, and as a specialization option for the MCSA: Security
    and MCSE: Security certifications."

    Looks like we finally solved that little puzzle!
    Paul Jones, Oct 26, 2009