    Is there a way to import my mail from Netscape 7.1?

    Thanks for any help,

    Harry
    Harry, Jan 26, 2006

  2. Harry

    gwtc Guest

    Harry wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to switch from using the mail program in Netscape 7.1 to
    > Thunderbird 1.5.
    >
    > The import feature under Tools doesn't list Netscape.
    >
    > It won't allow you to import anything but the 4 mail programs,
    > Communicator 4.x, Eudora, Outlook and Outlook Express.
    >
    > Is there a way to import my mail from Netscape 7.1?
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    >
    > Harry

    First, set up the accounts in TB. Then close TB, and locate your Mail
    section of your Netscape profile. Rename the file inbox to inbox1.
    You only want to rename the file without the *.msf extension. Now,
    copy all the files (again, those without the *.msf extension) and copy
    it to the mail section of your TB profile. Now, open TB and
    everything should be there.

    To find your Netscape profile, you can read this:
    http://ilias.ca/netscape/profilefaq/#locations

    To find your TB profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    But first, if you're using windows, then your profiles are hidden, so
    you have to unhide window files, and you can do that by reading this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp

    Good luck!
    gwtc, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Harry

    Harry Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:42:08 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Harry wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I want to switch from using the mail program in Netscape 7.1 to
    >> Thunderbird 1.5.
    >>
    >> The import feature under Tools doesn't list Netscape.
    >>
    >> It won't allow you to import anything but the 4 mail programs,
    >> Communicator 4.x, Eudora, Outlook and Outlook Express.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to import my mail from Netscape 7.1?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help,
    >>
    >> Harry

    >First, set up the accounts in TB. Then close TB, and locate your Mail
    >section of your Netscape profile. Rename the file inbox to inbox1.
    >You only want to rename the file without the *.msf extension. Now,
    >copy all the files (again, those without the *.msf extension) and copy
    >it to the mail section of your TB profile. Now, open TB and
    >everything should be there.
    >
    >To find your Netscape profile, you can read this:
    >http://ilias.ca/netscape/profilefaq/#locations
    >
    >To find your TB profile, you can read this:
    >http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >
    >But first, if you're using windows, then your profiles are hidden, so
    >you have to unhide window files, and you can do that by reading this:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp
    >
    >Good luck!

    THANK YOU!!!

    Will give it a try.

    Harry
    Harry, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Harry

    Harry Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:34:49 GMT, Harry <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:42:08 -0800, gwtc
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Harry wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I want to switch from using the mail program in Netscape 7.1 to
    >>> Thunderbird 1.5.
    >>>
    >>> The import feature under Tools doesn't list Netscape.
    >>>
    >>> It won't allow you to import anything but the 4 mail programs,
    >>> Communicator 4.x, Eudora, Outlook and Outlook Express.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to import my mail from Netscape 7.1?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help,
    >>>
    >>> Harry

    >>First, set up the accounts in TB. Then close TB, and locate your Mail
    >>section of your Netscape profile. Rename the file inbox to inbox1.
    >>You only want to rename the file without the *.msf extension. Now,
    >>copy all the files (again, those without the *.msf extension) and copy
    >>it to the mail section of your TB profile. Now, open TB and
    >>everything should be there.
    >>
    >>To find your Netscape profile, you can read this:
    >>http://ilias.ca/netscape/profilefaq/#locations
    >>
    >>To find your TB profile, you can read this:
    >>http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate
    >>
    >>But first, if you're using windows, then your profiles are hidden, so
    >>you have to unhide window files, and you can do that by reading this:
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp
    >>
    >>Good luck!

    >THANK YOU!!!
    >
    >Will give it a try.