    video onto my computer. I have heard of getting either a Firewire card and
    cable or a PCI (?) card like WINTV.

    any suggestions?

    rwright, Oct 14, 2003

  2. rwright

    B.T. Guest

    > any suggestions?

    Push Play.

    B.T., Oct 14, 2003

  3. rwright

    Biz Guest

    First, what are you using as the source? Is it a DV camera, Hi-8,
    etc....then you decide what you need and how to do it from there

    Biz, Oct 14, 2003
  4. rwright <> wrote:
    : I want to burn home movies onto DVD with MY DVD. Problem is I can't get
    : video onto my computer. I have heard of getting either a Firewire card and
    : cable or a PCI (?) card like WINTV.

    : any suggestions?

    Try alt.desktop.video rather than here. (I think that's the group, sorry,
    but I can't check without loosing this message)

    Richard G Amirault, Oct 15, 2003
  5. rwright

    Pug Fugley Guest

    What is your source?

    If DV cam, get a firewire card.

    If analog (old camcorder, VCR) get a video imput card.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 15, 2003