    if I've have been disconnected. I have a Compaq PresarioXP and use
    Internet Explorer. Can anyone help me?

    Jo

    Jo M, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Jo M

    Peter Johns Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:33:52 -0400, "Jo M" <> wrote:

    >An icon of two computers has always been in the taskbar when I've been on
    >the internet. It disappeared yesterday and I can't seem to find the way to
    >get it back. I find the word "address" there now with some dots lined up
    >before it. In trying to customize the taskbar, I've added the word "Links"
    >followed by two right-pointing arrows to the taskbar...it also has some dots
    >in front of it. I find now that I can't always know when I'm on the net or
    >if I've have been disconnected. I have a Compaq PresarioXP and use
    >Internet Explorer. Can anyone help me?

    In Win XP (don't know if same in other OSs)

    Open Control Panel then Network Connections

    Right click on your ISP icon and select "Properties"

    Select "General" tab if not already selected

    Near bottom is a box labelled:-

    Show icon in notification area when connected

    Click on this to make a tick appear in the box

    Click "OK"

    Peter Johns, Jul 31, 2003