    taskbar........it's annoying..........

    Any ideas???

    Thanks

    Daveyboy, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Daveyboy

    scram Guest

    > I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
    > when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
    > other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
    > Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
    > IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
    > taskbar........it's annoying..........

    Try this, open the windows messenger window, click tools, options, click
    preferences tab, un-click "run windows messenger when windows starts".

    scram, Aug 22, 2004

  3. Daveyboy

    Daveyboy Guest

    Attn: Scram Re: How do I get rid of Windows Messenger icon????

    On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:38:40 -0700, "scram" <> wrote:

    >> I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
    >> when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
    >> other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
    >> Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
    >> IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
    >> taskbar........it's annoying..........

    >Try this, open the windows messenger window, click tools, options, click
    >preferences tab, un-click "run windows messenger when windows starts".

    Thanks............it's GONE!!!

    Daveyboy, Aug 22, 2004
  4. Daveyboy

    PC Guest

    Daveyboy wrote:
    > HI,
    >
    > I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side) and
    > when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm using
    > other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer and
    > Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except for
    > IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on the
    > taskbar........it's annoying..........
    >
    > Any ideas???
    >
    > Thanks

    I see from other post's you've sorted the problem but:

    If anyone else has problems 'stopping' Messenger try installing
    'Adaware' and the 'messenger' plugin.

    Excellent choice if you want to be able to turn it on and off.

    Cheers
    Paul

    PC, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Daveyboy

    Scrote Guest

    PC wrote:
    >> Daveyboy wrote:
    >>> HI,
    >>>
    >>> I have the Windows Messenger icon in the taskbar (right hand side)
    >>> and when I choose to exit it tells me that I can't exit because I'm
    >>> using other applications - Outlook, Outlook Express, MSN Explorer
    >>> and Internet Explorer...............I don't use any of those except
    >>> for IE...I've tried closing everything down but it still lives on
    >>> the taskbar........it's annoying..........
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas???
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> I see from other post's you've sorted the problem but:
    >>
    >> If anyone else has problems 'stopping' Messenger try installing
    >> 'Adaware' and the 'messenger' plugin.
    >>
    >> Excellent choice if you want to be able to turn it on and off.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Paul

    Wrong Messenger.
    --