how do I get rid of the OPEN etc pulldown question + more

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Sean Cleary, Sep 19, 2003.

  1. Sean Cleary

    Sean Cleary Guest

    Hi,
    That title is the best that I could do.

    Sometimes when I have been working on Windows98 for a while, all
    clicks on a desktop icon do not activate that icon, just open the
    right click box, with OPEN in bold. I did/do not want this, I want to
    open the software when I double click on a icon. Please tell me how to
    restore this when it happens.

    Also, while I am parading my ignorance to the experts, many apps have
    a complete this window. When I start typing my e-name to post this
    note as a password, the rest of my name pops up in a box. I would like
    to have a keystroke combo that would pull it into the box where I am
    typing, not have to reach for the mouse. Is there some such? Is it
    more or less generic amoung apps?

    Sean

    Sean Cleary, Sep 19, 2003

  2. On 19 Sep 2003 09:08:08 -0700, (Sean Cleary)
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >That title is the best that I could do.
    >
    >Sometimes when I have been working on Windows98 for a while, all
    >clicks on a desktop icon do not activate that icon, just open the
    >right click box, with OPEN in bold. I did/do not want this, I want to
    >open the software when I double click on a icon. Please tell me how to
    >restore this when it happens.

    Try several taps on each Alt key...may work.

    >Also, while I am parading my ignorance to the experts, many apps have
    >a complete this window. When I start typing my e-name to post this
    >note as a password, the rest of my name pops up in a box. I would like
    >to have a keystroke combo that would pull it into the box where I am
    >typing, not have to reach for the mouse. Is there some such? Is it
    >more or less generic amoung apps?

    Try the Down cursor arrow key.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Sean Cleary

    Sean Cleary Guest

    Tom MacIntyre <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 19 Sep 2003 09:08:08 -0700, (Sean Cleary)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >That title is the best that I could do.
    > >
    > >Sometimes when I have been working on Windows98 for a while, all
    > >clicks on a desktop icon do not activate that icon, just open the
    > >right click box, with OPEN in bold. I did/do not want this, I want to
    > >open the software when I double click on a icon. Please tell me how to
    > >restore this when it happens.

    > Try several taps on each Alt key...may work.
    >

    > >Also, while I am parading my ignorance to the experts, many apps have
    > >a complete this window. When I start typing my e-name to post this
    > >note as a password, the rest of my name pops up in a box. I would like
    > >to have a keystroke combo that would pull it into the box where I am
    > >typing, not have to reach for the mouse. Is there some such? Is it
    > >more or less generic amoung apps?

    > Try the Down cursor arrow key.
    >
    > Tom
    > >
    > >Sean