    Will someone help.

    This is my current taskbar:
    http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg
    Joe B, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Joe B wrote:

    > I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    > don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    > stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >
    > Windows XP Pro
    >
    > Will someone help.
    >
    > This is my current taskbar:
    > http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow. Click
    and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height. If you drag
    upwards, it will get _really_ tall...

    This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    monitor.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 1, 2006

  3. Joe B

    Joe B Guest

    On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 18:13:39 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Joe B wrote:
    >
    >> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Pro
    >>
    >> Will someone help.
    >>
    >> This is my current taskbar:
    >> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    >Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    >taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow. Click
    >and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height. If you drag
    >upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >
    >This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    >monitor.

    Yes my mouse is working. That doesn't work. Two is the minimum. I
    can make it bigger or make it go away, but no single bar.
    Joe B, Jul 1, 2006
  4. Joe B wrote:

    > On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 18:13:39 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Joe B wrote:
    >>
    >>> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >>> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my
    >>> taskbar stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a
    >>> single line.
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> Will someone help.
    >>>
    >>> This is my current taskbar: http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    >> Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    >> taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow.
    >> Click and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height.
    >> If you drag upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >>
    >> This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    >> monitor.

    > Yes my mouse is working. That doesn't work. Two is the minimum. I
    > can make it bigger or make it go away, but no single bar.

    Ok, see that little left-facing arrow icon over to the right by the
    clock? Grab it and drag it to the left. Looks like you may have stacked
    the systray too narrow. I didn't notice that the first time I looked at
    your screen shot.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 1, 2006
  5. Joe B

    dadiOH Guest

    Joe B wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 18:13:39 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Joe B wrote:
    >>
    >>> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >>> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >>> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> Will someone help.
    >>>
    >>> This is my current taskbar:
    >>> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    >> Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    >> taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow.
    >> Click and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height.
    >> If you drag upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >>
    >> This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    >> monitor.

    > Yes my mouse is working. That doesn't work. Two is the minimum. I
    > can make it bigger or make it go away, but no single bar.

    If you can't find the place to drag it to size, right click it, select
    "Toolbars" and untick any you have. Now there is nothing on it except for
    the Start button and the system tray so you should be able to easily resize
    it to one line. Next thing is to put back whatever toolbars you want.

    --

    dadiOH...who never understood why anyone wants a one line taskbar. At the
    bottom, yet...
    dadiOH, Jul 1, 2006
  6. Joe B

    tony p Guest

    Just do a system restore to when it was ok.

    tony p, Jul 1, 2006
  7. Joe B

    Alan Guest

    Joe B wrote:
    > I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    > don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    > stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >
    > Windows XP Pro
    >
    > Will someone help.
    >
    > This is my current taskbar:
    > http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    Thats not the taskbar, thats the QuickLaunch toolbar. Rightmouse click
    on a blank area or it (probably near one of the edges and uncheck
    QuickLaunch. and try manipulating the taskbar that way. I've seen this
    once before and it wasnt easy...
    Alan, Jul 2, 2006
  8. Joe B

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Joe B wrote:
    >
    >> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Pro
    >>
    >> Will someone help.
    >>
    >> This is my current taskbar:
    >> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    > Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    > taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow. Click
    > and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height. If you
    > drag upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >
    > This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    > monitor.

    The problem is that the QUICK LAUNCH is on a separate line. See the
    little vertical bars next to the start button? If the OP clicks on the lower
    vertical bar, and drags it right and up next to the quick launch icons, the
    taskbar can then be pulled down in size to normal as you suggested above.
    It may take a little doing - sometimes moving those toolbars around is
    tricky.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2006
  9. Joe B

    EatMoPie Guest

    If you press ctrl+esc does you start menu pop up? If it does you may have
    auto-hide enabled.

    EatMoPie, Jul 2, 2006
  10. Joe B

    Toolman Tim Guest

    EatMoPie wrote:
    > "Joe B" <> wrote in message
    >> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Pro
    >>
    >> Will someone help.
    >>
    >> This is my current taskbar:
    >> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    > If you press ctrl+esc does you start menu pop up? If it does you may
    > have auto-hide enabled.

    Hey, EatYourOwnPie, the two are unrelated. The ctrl-esc key combination has
    been in use since at least version 3.1 of Windows. The hidden icons was new
    to XP.

    Get a clue, you moronic top-posting bozo...

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2006
  11. Joe B

    Joe B Guest

    On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:40:28 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Joe B wrote:
    >>
    >>> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >>> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >>> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> Will someone help.
    >>>
    >>> This is my current taskbar:
    >>> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    >> Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    >> taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow. Click
    >> and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height. If you
    >> drag upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >>
    >> This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    >> monitor.

    >The problem is that the QUICK LAUNCH is on a separate line. See the
    >little vertical bars next to the start button? If the OP clicks on the lower
    >vertical bar, and drags it right and up next to the quick launch icons, the
    >taskbar can then be pulled down in size to normal as you suggested above.
    >It may take a little doing - sometimes moving those toolbars around is
    >tricky.

    Thank You Toolman Tim. At least someone here is not clueless and can
    recognize that it wasn't a simple solution, like dragging the taskbar.
    Anyway, it's back to normal, thanks again.
    Joe B, Jul 2, 2006
  12. Joe B

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Joe B wrote:
    > On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:40:28 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    >>> taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow.
    >>> Click and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height.
    >>> If you drag upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >>>
    >>> This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    >>> monitor.

    >> The problem is that the QUICK LAUNCH is on a separate line. See the
    >> little vertical bars next to the start button? If the OP clicks on
    >> the lower vertical bar, and drags it right and up next to the quick
    >> launch icons, the taskbar can then be pulled down in size to normal
    >> as you suggested above. It may take a little doing - sometimes
    >> moving those toolbars around is tricky.

    > Thank You Toolman Tim. At least someone here is not clueless and can
    > recognize that it wasn't a simple solution, like dragging the taskbar.
    > Anyway, it's back to normal, thanks again.

    You're welcome. I actually sent an answer on Friday night, but my news
    server never posted it (and about 10 others.) Eventually, last night I
    realized my munged email address was being blocked by them. Big deal. Change
    the email address, and I'm back!

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2006
  13. Joe B

    Joe B Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 00:39:14 -0500, "EatMoPie" <> wrote:

    >If you press ctrl+esc does you start menu pop up? If it does you may have
    >auto-hide enabled.
    >

    >"Joe B" <> wrote in message
    >>I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>
    >> Windows XP Pro
    >>
    >> Will someone help.
    >>
    >> This is my current taskbar:
    >> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    yeah, i can't get the taskbar to go away, might have auto-hide
    enabled. Good answer.
    Joe B, Jul 2, 2006
  14. Joe B

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > EatMoPie wrote:
    >> "Joe B" <> wrote in message
    >>> I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I
    >>> don't want it there. In the process of removing it I got my taskbar
    >>> stuck in the two line mode and I can't get it back to a single line.
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> Will someone help.
    >>>
    >>> This is my current taskbar:
    >>> http://chasrein.tripod.com/ts/taskbar.jpg

    >> If you press ctrl+esc does you start menu pop up? If it does you may
    >> have auto-hide enabled.
    >>

    > Hey, EatYourOwnPie, the two are unrelated. The ctrl-esc key
    > combination has been in use since at least version 3.1 of Windows.
    > The hidden icons was new to XP.
    >
    > Get a clue, you moronic top-posting bozo...

    Okay - I "almost" apologize. After re-reading Joe's post, I realize you were
    talking about auto-hiding the task bar, not the system tray icons. But I
    won't apologize, because if you had a clue, you would have read "two line"
    in his post. If he sees two lines, how is his taskbar hidden? Your answer
    doesn't apply to the question posed.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2006
  15. Joe B wrote:

    > On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:40:28 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> Is your mouse working? Place the mouse pointer at the top of the
    >>> taskbar. It will (should) change to a vertical two-header arrow.
    >>> Click and drag the edge of the taskbar downwards, half the height.
    >>> If you drag upwards, it will get _really_ tall...
    >>>
    >>> This technique applies to almost every window you ever see on your
    >>> monitor.

    >> The problem is that the QUICK LAUNCH is on a separate line. See the
    >> little vertical bars next to the start button? If the OP clicks on
    >> the lower vertical bar, and drags it right and up next to the quick
    >> launch icons, the taskbar can then be pulled down in size to normal
    >> as you suggested above. It may take a little doing - sometimes
    >> moving those toolbars around is tricky.

    > Thank You Toolman Tim. At least someone here is not clueless and can
    > recognize that it wasn't a simple solution, like dragging the
    > taskbar. Anyway, it's back to normal, thanks again.

    Clueless? Perhaps if you had posted a full-size graphic, those lines
    would have been more evident.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 2, 2006
  16. Joe B

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Joe B wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:40:28 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> The problem is that the QUICK LAUNCH is on a separate line. See the
    >>> little vertical bars next to the start button? If the OP clicks on
    >>> the lower vertical bar, and drags it right and up next to the quick
    >>> launch icons, the taskbar can then be pulled down in size to normal
    >>> as you suggested above. It may take a little doing - sometimes
    >>> moving those toolbars around is tricky.

    >> Thank You Toolman Tim. At least someone here is not clueless and can
    >> recognize that it wasn't a simple solution, like dragging the
    >> taskbar. Anyway, it's back to normal, thanks again.

    > Clueless? Perhaps if you had posted a full-size graphic, those lines
    > would have been more evident.

    I actually have my taskbar at work set to two lines high all the time. I'll
    often have 10 or 12 apps running, and the extra line gives me better size
    buttons on the taskbar.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 2, 2006
  17. Joe B

    Plato Guest

    Joe B wrote:

    > I installed a new program and it put a searchbar on my taskbar. I

    Next time dont install dodgy war3e.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jul 3, 2006