    Don Guest

    How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
    days worth thanks Don

    Don, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Don

    gwtc Guest

    Don wrote:
    > How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
    > days worth thanks Don

    File, Get Next 500 messages.

    If that doesn't work, then close the program, and using your file
    manager, locate the news section of your TB profile. Inside it you
    will find some *.msf files. Once found, delete them, restart TB, then
    click on the newsgroup. You will get a popup asking if you want to
    download some messages. Select a number, and this time don't check
    off the little box for "Mark the rest as read" or something to that
    effect.

    to find you TB profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    It comes to the end of Bill Gates long, successful life, he finds
    himself in the Purgatory waiting room, when God enters . . . "Well,
    Bill," says God, "I'm confused. I'm not sure whether to send you to
    Heaven or Hell: you helped society enormously by putting a computer in
    almost every home in the world, and yet you've also created some of
    the most unearthly frustrations known to mankind. I'm going to do
    something I've never done before: I'm going to let you choose where
    you want to go." Bill replies, "Well, thanks, God. What's the
    difference between the two?" God says, "I'm willing to let you visit
    both places briefly to help you make your decision." "Okay, where
    should I go first?" asks Bill. God says, "That's up to you." Bill
    says, "OK, let's try Hell first." So Bill goes to Hell. It's a
    beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There are thousands
    of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and
    frolicking about. The sun is shining, the temperature is just right.
    The whole thing looks perfect, and Bill is very pleased. "This is
    great!" he tells God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!"
    "Fine," says God, and off they go . . . to be continued!

    gwtc, Sep 16, 2006

  3. On 09/16/2006 01:01 PM, Don wrote:
    > How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
    > days worth thanks Don

    Tools/Account Settings/<Your Account>/Offline & Disk Space/Delete
    messages older than _100_ days.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Sep 17, 2006
  4. Don

    TheCroW Guest

    > How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
    > days worth thanks Don

    That also can depend on your ISP or newsprovider and how long thay will hold
    on to messages. Some will keep postings for half a year or longer, others
    fors just a month or so.

    --
    Menno
    =====================

    TheCroW, Sep 19, 2006
  5. Don

    gwtc Guest

    TheCroW wrote:
    >> How do I change to see more older posting? currently I only see about 35
    >> days worth thanks Don
    >>

    > That also can depend on your ISP or newsprovider and how long thay will hold
    > on to messages. Some will keep postings for half a year or longer, others
    > fors just a month or so.

    and still some for only a few days

    --
    There's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like an old
    salt, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight
    without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a
    quiet, conservative type, and the bird's foul mouth is driving him
    nuts. One day, it just gets to be too much and the guy grabs the bird
    by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this
    just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy
    gets angry and says, "OK for you," and locks the bird in a kitchen
    cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches,
    and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a
    stream of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush. At that point,
    the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the
    first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws
    and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the guy just
    waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a
    couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the
    freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm
    and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best
    to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded and amazed
    at the transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot
    says, . . . to be continued

    gwtc, Sep 19, 2006