    How do i get a local number?

    Thanks.

    OM

    OM, Sep 21, 2005

  2. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "OM" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I've just signed up for sipgate.
    > They promised free local/national numbers.
    > All I was offered was an 0845 and 0870 number.
    > How do i get a local number?

    Are you outside the UK..? You have to register from a UK IP address.

    If you're not in the UK (or you're using AOL) you need to use a UK proxy,
    you will then be able to get a normal geographic number.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 21, 2005

  3. OM

    OM Guest

    > Are you outside the UK..? You have to register from a UK IP address.
    >
    > If you're not in the UK (or you're using AOL) you need to use a UK proxy,
    > you will then be able to get a normal geographic number.

    thanks for the reply.
    i'm in uk.
    i'm accessing through bulldog and have a router.
    does that effect anything?

    OM, Sep 21, 2005
  4. OM

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "OM" <> wrote in message
    > > Are you outside the UK..? You have to register from a
    > > UK IP address.
    > >
    > > If you're not in the UK (or you're using AOL) you need
    > > to use a UK proxy, you will then be able to get a
    > > normal geographic number.

    > thanks for the reply.
    > i'm in uk.
    > i'm accessing through bulldog and have a router.
    > does that effect anything?

    The router won't affect anything. I don't know Bulldog, are they UK
    based..? Try using a proxy. If you really get stuck and can't do anything,
    let me know and I'll set an account up for you.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 21, 2005
  5. OM

    OM Guest

    > The router won't affect anything. I don't know Bulldog, are they UK
    > based..? Try using a proxy. If you really get stuck and can't do anything,
    > let me know and I'll set an account up for you.

    bulldog are based in london docklands as far as i knew...
    don't know if their service is provided from elsewhere...
    i'll give it a go from another connection tomorrow...
    (if i don't get anywhere... i'll ask u for help!)
    thanks.

    om

    OM, Sep 21, 2005