    do I need to send in order to get a certified copy of this document?

    If you could include any supporting URLs that would be great.

    Thanks!
    JustLooking4Help, Jan 23, 2006

  2. JustLooking4Help

    Budweiser Guest

    "JustLooking4Help" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9754AA9CC9F4Cvbmark@199.45.49.11...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not to swift when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'll need step
    > by
    > step hand holding.
    >
    > I have this document:
    > http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd8/180963/deed.pdf
    >
    > My first question is is this really a deed?
    >
    > My main question is who specifically do I need to write and how much
    > money
    > do I need to send in order to get a certified copy of this document?
    >
    > If you could include any supporting URLs that would be great.
    >
    > Thanks!

    would imagine that all concerened parties would originally recieved
    atleast an atested version,probably with the original being kept by a
    solicitor(attourney to you) or a bank for safe keeping.
    Would start at the place it was "issued"--Kings county -- all legal
    documents will be noted somewhere in records.As for the legality of the
    document now,well who knows.
    If you believe you have a rightfull claim it would be in your interest
    to consult a legal thief (lawyer)
    Budweiser, Jan 23, 2006

  3. JustLooking4Help

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Xns9754AA9CC9F4Cvbmark@199.45.49.11>, JustLooking4Help
    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not to swift when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'll need step by
    > step hand holding.
    >
    > I have this document:
    > http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd8/180963/deed.pdf
    >
    > My first question is is this really a deed?
    >
    > My main question is who specifically do I need to write and how much money
    > do I need to send in order to get a certified copy of this document?
    >
    > If you could include any supporting URLs that would be great.

    Can't do that until we know more.

    But generally, any access you have is a community "Hall of Records"
    problem -- just go that whatever your country/state/county offers like
    that and ask.
    You may even find that they offer online access, and then mail
    something to you. I wouldn't expect much available as a digital record
    if it is older than a few years.
    Mitch, Jan 23, 2006
  4. JustLooking4Help

    <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not to swift when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'll need step by
    > step hand holding.
    >
    > I have this document:
    > http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd8/180963/deed.pdf
    >
    > My first question is is this really a deed?
    >
    > My main question is who specifically do I need to write and how much money
    > do I need to send in order to get a certified copy of this document?
    >
    > If you could include any supporting URLs that would be great.

    Oh, any copy can only be "certified" by the parties themselves or the
    attorneys involved. Otherwise, it's just a duplicate of a public
    record.
    Mitch, Jan 23, 2006
  5. JustLooking4Help gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not to swift when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'll need step
    > by step hand holding.
    >
    > I have this document:
    > http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd8/180963/deed.pdf
    >
    > My first question is is this really a deed?

    It would appear to be one.

    > My main question is who specifically do I need to write and how much
    > money do I need to send in order to get a certified copy of this
    > document?

    Try here:

    HERBERT LUPKA, ACTING COUNTY CLERK
    COUNTY OF KINGS (24)
    SUPREME COURT BUILDING
    360 ADAMS STREET, ROOM 188
    BROOKLYN, NY 11201
    (718) 643-8011

    > If you could include any supporting URLs that would be great.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Here's one:

    http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lists/coclerks.html

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language, but no one will speak it
    The Old Sourdough, Jan 23, 2006
  6. Mitch gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    snip

    > Oh, any copy can only be "certified" by the parties themselves or the
    > attorneys involved. Otherwise, it's just a duplicate of a public
    > record.

    Um, not quite true. I just obtained a certified copy of my birth
    certificate from the state of Florida, and it would be rather difficult for
    my parents, the doctors involved in my birth, or any attorneys, to have
    anything to do with certifying it, since all are now deceased.

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 24, 2006
  7. JustLooking4Help

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Xns9754CB09BEA631258ggbeerisgood@216.196.97.131>, The Old
    Sourdough <> wrote:

    > > Oh, any copy can only be "certified" by the parties themselves or the
    > > attorneys involved. Otherwise, it's just a duplicate of a public
    > > record.

    > Um, not quite true. I just obtained a certified copy of my birth
    > certificate from the state of Florida, and it would be rather difficult for
    > my parents, the doctors involved in my birth, or any attorneys, to have
    > anything to do with certifying it, since all are now deceased.

    Well, yes, 'the parties involved' is not a constant; but you are one of
    the parties of your own birth record, and if it were a different kind
    of document you can inherit or be assigned that role legally.
    Say, a land purchase that is deeded to offspring, or financial awards.

    I'm also discounting situations where secrecy or privacy are relevant,
    both because it isn't easily generalized and because I don't know about
    many different kinds of those documents.
    Mitch, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Mitch gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > In article <Xns9754CB09BEA631258ggbeerisgood@216.196.97.131>, The Old
    > Sourdough <> wrote:
    >
    >> > Oh, any copy can only be "certified" by the parties themselves or
    >> > the attorneys involved. Otherwise, it's just a duplicate of a
    >> > public record.

    >> Um, not quite true. I just obtained a certified copy of my birth
    >> certificate from the state of Florida, and it would be rather
    >> difficult for my parents, the doctors involved in my birth, or any
    >> attorneys, to have anything to do with certifying it, since all are
    >> now deceased.

    > Well, yes, 'the parties involved' is not a constant; but you are one
    > of the parties of your own birth record, and if it were a different
    > kind of document you can inherit or be assigned that role legally.
    > Say, a land purchase that is deeded to offspring, or financial awards.
    >
    > I'm also discounting situations where secrecy or privacy are relevant,
    > both because it isn't easily generalized and because I don't know
    > about many different kinds of those documents.

    IIRC, "Certified Copy", in the legal sense, refers to a copy that is
    certified by the original issuing authority to be a "true copy" of the
    original document. Most certified copies I've obtained have had the state
    seal or the seal of the issuing entity embossed on the document, and
    there usually is a signature attesting to the document's authenticity, as
    opposed to an "uncertified copy". The main difference is that the certified
    copy is more readily accepted by courts and government agencies as the
    "real deal", and other supporting documentation or materials aren't
    generally needed.

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 24, 2006
  9. The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    > JustLooking4Help gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm not to swift when it comes to this kind of stuff so I'll need step
    >> by step hand holding.
    >>
    >> I have this document:
    >> http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd8/180963/deed.pdf
    >>
    >> My first question is is this really a deed?

    > It would appear to be one.
    >>
    >> My main question is who specifically do I need to write and how much
    >> money do I need to send in order to get a certified copy of this
    >> document?

    > Try here:
    >
    > HERBERT LUPKA, ACTING COUNTY CLERK
    > COUNTY OF KINGS (24)
    > SUPREME COURT BUILDING
    > 360 ADAMS STREET, ROOM 188
    > BROOKLYN, NY 11201
    > (718) 643-8011
    >

    >> If you could include any supporting URLs that would be great.
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Here's one:
    >
    > http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lists/coclerks.html

    Great! I'll contact them.

    Thanks!
    JustLooking4Help, Jan 24, 2006
  10. JustLooking4Help gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > The Old Sourdough <> wrote in

    snip

    >> Here's one:
    >>
    >> http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lists/coclerks.html