  1. טל

    טל Guest

    please give me some instructions with photos...
    טל, Dec 3, 2005

  2. טל

    Taylor Guest

    Taylor, Dec 3, 2005

  3. טל

    Nocturnal Guest

    I can attempt to give you instructions but not with photos.

    You need a Windows 98 boot disk.

    1. Insert boot disk into floppy disk drive.
    2. Turn computer on.
    3. You may or may not have to change the boot settings within your system's
    BIOS settings. If when you turn the computer on it boots into Windows
    normally, then you will have to turn the unit off. When you turn it on
    again you will need to hit a key on your keyboard or maybe even a
    combination of keys in order to get into your BIOS. From there you can
    change the boot settings (the device your computer boots from) to boot from
    floppy disk drive.
    4. Once you get that done you should be able to boot from floppy. The
    floppy will start the boot process. You should see text and what not, it is
    currently loading whatever drivers necessary to boot.
    5. Once this portion is done, you will be prompted probably by the A:\
    prompt. Here you will go ahead and type in "format c:" without the
    quotations.
    6. You will be asked if you are sure you'd like to format the C drive and
    that all data will be lost. ***WARNING: I am not held responsible if you
    lose data that you need whilst performing this format***
    7. After the formatting process is through, you will again be prompted to
    enter a volume label, just hit enter and it will leave it as it is.
    8. You are done formatting your hard drive.

    --
    Nocturnal @ http://www.randomfix.com

    Nocturnal, Dec 4, 2005