    even know how.

    What do you think happened and how do you rectify this if it happens again?

    Michael

    Michael, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Michael

    Jeremy Guest

    I actually had the same thing happen to me recently. Check your disk
    partitions with FDISK and make sure that Ghost didn't change the 8MB of
    free space into the active partition. I have no idea why it did that
    but as soon as I deleted that partition my computer booted as normal.

    Jeremy, Nov 22, 2004

  3. "Michael" <> wrote in message
    >I was using Norton Ghost 2003 to reboot my system in PC DOS for a system
    >backup. After re-starting the computer, I got a "Boot Disk Failure"
    >message and the machine was dead in water. After trying to restart a few
    >times, the same message came up, although sometimes I would see a message
    >that said, "NTLDR is missing." Somehow, I was able to boot back to
    >Windows, I don't even know how.
    >
    > What do you think happened and how do you rectify this if it happens
    > again?

    Sometimes, fixboot and/or fixmbr in recovery console can fix this error. It
    really could be anything though.

    Patrick Michael, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Michael

    natural_4u Guest

    Was there a floppy in the floppy drive?

    natural_4u, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Michael

    Michael Guest

    No, I wish it were that simple.

    Michael, Nov 22, 2004
  6. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Don't you have to select a Windows installation to use the Recovery Console?
    Believe it or not, my C drive didn't even show up in the list. Only the
    original Windows XP CD drive showed up.

    Michael, Nov 22, 2004
  7. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Like I said, somehow the error corrected itself. I don't want to mess
    around with the MBR if everything is working now, but I'll tell ya: It makes
    me nervous to use Ghost again. I at least now have an emergency boot floppy
    for getting to Ghost, if it happens again.

    Michael, Nov 22, 2004