    The box specs says winXP compatible.

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.

    cowboyz, Jul 9, 2005

  2. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:07:47 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:

    > trying to install/play some older dos games under XP. Even with
    > compatibility mode it throws this error...
    >
    > http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cowboyz/error.JPG
    >
    > The box specs says winXP compatible.

    Its all good. Turned out to be a corrupt file. Repaired it now and now
    things are working as they should.

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.

    cowboyz, Jul 9, 2005

  3. In article <op.stmrpexplk46je@xp2100>, says...
    > On Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:07:47 +1200, cowboyz <> wrote:
    >
    > > trying to install/play some older dos games under XP. Even with
    > > compatibility mode it throws this error...
    > >
    > > http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cowboyz/error.JPG
    > >
    > > The box specs says winXP compatible.
    > >

    > Its all good. Turned out to be a corrupt file. Repaired it now and now
    > things are working as they should.

    Yeah, I was going to say: dosbox is your friend. They are up to version
    ..63 I think - it seems totally stable and has a number of great graphic
    front ends with configuration wizards and what have you. I use it with
    good success for old games like Merchant Prince, Cavewars, MOO and MoM.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jul 9, 2005