    I have a publisher who says he needs a manuscript to be at least 300 dpi. My
    manuscript is a pdf. How do I find out what its dpi is, or better
    yet--modify it?

    Smokinghawk, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Smokinghawk

    Old Gringo Guest

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Smokinghawk

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >|I have a publisher who says he needs a manuscript to be at least 300
    >| dpi. My manuscript is a pdf. How do I find out what its dpi is, or
    >| better yet--modify it?

    How is the PDF being created? When you say "manuscript" it seems to imply
    that you are creating the document, right? If so, is it in your word
    processor, and you are printing using the "Adobe PDFWriter" or some similar
    "print driver"? If so, you set the DPI in the print driver - in Windows XP,
    for Adobe, go to the Control Panel, open the Printers, right-click on "Adobe
    PDFWriter", then select properties. Click on "Preferences", "Page Setup",
    then select the resolution in the "Graphic" section.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 8, 2004
  4. Smokinghawk

    Smokinghawk Guest

    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > Smokinghawk wrote:
    > > I have a publisher who says he needs a manuscript to be at least 300

    dpi. My
    > > manuscript is a pdf. How do I find out what its dpi is, or better
    > > yet--modify it?
    > >
    > > http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/intermediate/a/measure_dpi.htm

    Yes, thank you, but this page is merely a basic explanation of what DPI
    means and how it applies to print/image quality. I appreciate it, but I knew
    that already. What I'm looking for is a way to discern whast the DPI is of a
    pdf file that's already been created.

    Smokinghawk, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Smokinghawk

    Smokinghawk Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > >|I have a publisher who says he needs a manuscript to be at least 300
    > >| dpi. My manuscript is a pdf. How do I find out what its dpi is, or
    > >| better yet--modify it?

    > How is the PDF being created? When you say "manuscript" it seems to imply
    > that you are creating the document, right? If so, is it in your word
    > processor, and you are printing using the "Adobe PDFWriter" or some

    similar
    > "print driver"? If so, you set the DPI in the print driver - in Windows

    XP,
    > for Adobe, go to the Control Panel, open the Printers, right-click on

    "Adobe
    > PDFWriter", then select properties. Click on "Preferences", "Page Setup",
    > then select the resolution in the "Graphic" section.

    Thanks!

    Now, is there a way to determine what the DPI is of a pdf that's already
    been created?

    Smokinghawk, Oct 8, 2004
  6. Smokinghawk

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| >
    >| > How is the PDF being created? When you say "manuscript" it seems
    >| > to imply that you are creating the document, right? If so, is it
    >| > in your word processor, and you are printing using the "Adobe
    >| > PDFWriter" or some similar "print driver"? If so, you set the DPI
    >| > in the print driver - in Windows XP, for Adobe, go to the Control
    >| > Panel, open the Printers, right-click on "Adobe PDFWriter", then
    >| > select properties. Click on "Preferences", "Page Setup", then
    >| > select the resolution in the "Graphic" section.
    >|

    >| Thanks!
    >|
    >| Now, is there a way to determine what the DPI is of a pdf that's
    >| already been created?

    Not that I am aware of.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 8, 2004

  7. > Now, is there a way to determine what the DPI is of a pdf that's already
    > been created?

    No I don't think there is...

    As far as I know it is only when you create the PDF you can determin the DPI

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 8, 2004