how do I find ssoftware for not-supported UPS backup Blackout BusterB6U/set power option settings

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ArtL7, Jun 3, 2009.

  1. ArtL7

    ArtL7 Guest

    I'm looking for a manual and software to go with my PK electronics
    Blackout Buster B6U that handles surge protection and battery backup
    in case of a power failure. But
    The PK electronics or whatever has changed hands, and no longer makes
    the product and I can't find software or manual for it.

    and then I want to download the software for it, if any,, because
    under advanced power options, it says:
    Uninterruptable Power supply:
    the status is greyed out
    the manufactuer is listed as "none"
    then final line says: The UPS service is current stopped.

    What do I do about this, and if the hardware is lit up with all the
    power cords going into the blackoutbuster is my equipment still
    protected with those settings --? Or what does it mean?

    And where can I learn more about what to do?
    ArtL7, Jun 3, 2009

  2. ArtL7

    thanatoid Guest

    Re: how do I find ssoftware for not-supported UPS backup Blackout Buster B6U/set power option settings

    ArtL7 <> wrote in
    ups.com:

    > I'm looking for a manual and software to go with my PK
    > electronics Blackout Buster B6U that handles surge
    > protection and battery backup in case of a power failure.
    > But The PK electronics or whatever has changed hands, and
    > no longer makes the product and I can't find software or
    > manual for it.
    >
    > and then I want to download the software for it, if any,,
    > because under advanced power options, it says:
    > Uninterruptable Power supply:
    > the status is greyed out
    > the manufactuer is listed as "none"
    > then final line says: The UPS service is current stopped.
    >

    > What do I do about this, and if the hardware is lit up with
    > all the power cords going into the blackoutbuster is my
    > equipment still protected with those settings --? Or what
    > does it mean?
    >
    > And where can I learn more about what to do?

    The only software you need for an UPS is if you want to monitor
    its real-time performance, do some time-scheduled things, or
    fiddle with very advanced settings, IOW you don't need it.

    Plug a 100W lamp into the outlets on the back, one at a time,
    and see if the lamp works when you pull the UPS plug out of the
    wall socket. See how many 100W lamps you can power off the thing
    for how long if you want to know what its approximate capacity
    is.

    If you haven't used it for a while leave it plugged in overnight
    first so the battery can recharge.

    If you REALLY want to know the /quality/ of the AC signal -
    although if it works, it probably works OK - buy or borrow a
    voltmeter and measure it.

    You can take it to any decent electrical repair shop if you
    don't want to do any of the above and they'll tell you if it's
    OK. Batteries can be gotten almost anywhere.

    Hopefully this is all you needed to know.

    --
    Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
    are suitable, but will Pam secure that?
    thanatoid, Jun 4, 2009