    this techno-crappola?

    thanks!
    walt

    Walterramjet, Jan 6, 2008

  2. "Walterramjet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > whenever I come back here to read responses to my threads, I have to first
    > page through all the posts that have been added since I posted mine. In
    > other forums, there is usually a link to go directly to my posts. how
    > does
    > that work in the land of microsoft or are they not on the leading edge of
    > this techno-crappola?
    >
    > thanks!
    > walt

    Actually, it's you who is not on the leading edge, my friend. The posts
    you're reading in your "forum" are actually in public usenet groups (aka
    Newsgroups). The reader of choice is a news reader. I've gone the easy route
    and chosen to use my Windows Live Mail Desktop because it's setup for such a
    task and because I don't frequent the newsgroups as often anymore, but many
    of the diehards prefer to use a real news reader (Google shall be your
    friend), of which there are dozens available for free.

    Once you've got a newsreader you'll understand just how easy it is to "flag"
    your own posts and "watch" any thread you want (even if you haven't posted
    to it). Then you too will be on the leading edge of this "techno-crappola",
    as you put it.

    HTH

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jan 8, 2008

  3. Walterramjet

    Walterramjet Guest

    Re: how do I find see only the threads I've started without wading

    ok, so now I have a newsreader. it says i have to have a newsgroup service.
    where do I get one of those for free? I asked my isp (qwest) about it and
    they said they dont do it any more.
    thanks, Robert. great help!
    walt

    Walterramjet, Jan 8, 2008
  4. Re: how do I find see only the threads I've started without wading

    msnews.microsoft.com

    If you've configured it correctly, it will provide you with a very LONG list
    of newsgroups, ~1700 of them. From there you're probably going to want to
    filter them by keyword and subscribe to the groups that you're interested
    in.

    BR
    --
    Robert Williams
    CertGuard, Inc.

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], Jan 8, 2008