    How do I find out who it is and how do I contact them or their provider to
    put a stop to it ?

    NZed

    NZed, May 30, 2005

  2. NZed wrote:
    > I have been continuesly bombed today by someone ...
    > port54-17-59.adsl.maxnet.co.nz [210.54.17.59]
    > How do I find out who it is and how do I contact them or their provider to
    > put a stop to it ?

    forward the offending messages to
    They're normally pretty onto it.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 30, 2005

  3. NZed

    Rich Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote in message
    >I have been continuesly bombed today by someone ...
    > port54-17-59.adsl.maxnet.co.nz [210.54.17.59]
    > How do I find out who it is and how do I contact them or their provider to
    > put a stop to it ?

    Seems Maxnet is being bombed all round, I have received about a dozen over
    the last day or so, all purporting to be from Maxnet admin or similar.
    Maxnet sent out this email yesterday:

    We would like to warn you about a new virus out that is tricking many into
    opening the attachment and becoming infected with the virus. The virus
    comes as part of an email with an attachment. It may appear to come from
    Maxnet or another legitimate company. The body of the email talks about
    your account being suspended, and that you have to open the attachment to
    learn more.

    This virus is known as w32/Mytob-CN and it is particularly dangerous due the
    manner in which it tricks users into trying to open the attachment. For
    more information on Mytob visit this site:
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32mytobcn.html

    If you have Mail Guardian on your Maxnet mailbox then you will not be
    receiving any of the email described. You may, however, receive a corrupted
    copy that has been damaged as is no longer a virus. Simply delete them.
    Always use caution when opening email attachments, no matter who they appear
    to come from.

    Rich, May 30, 2005