    i have XP, i need to download a diver.
    all i know is that it says VGA compatible. i dont know what video card i
    have or what driver it needs

    jas, Oct 30, 2005

  2. jas

    Tony Guest

    "jas" <> wrote in message
    news:43649d0a$0$20400$...
    >i have XP, i need to download a diver.
    > all i know is that it says VGA compatible. i dont know what video card i
    > have or what driver it needs

    Install Everest Home from
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en - it is free and
    will tell you what driver you need.

    Tony, Oct 30, 2005

  3. jas

    Dave Lear Guest

    "jas" wrote in message

    > i have XP, i need to download a diver.
    > all i know is that it says VGA compatible. i dont know what video
    > card i have or what driver it needs

    Start

    Run

    DEVMGMT.MSC

    This will open up Device Manager

    Click on the plus sign next to Display adapators

    This should show what graphics card / chipset you have - post back with the
    details

    Dave Lear, Oct 30, 2005
  4. jas

    PJB Guest

    "jas" <> wrote in message
    > i have XP, i need to download a diver.
    > all i know is that it says VGA compatible. i dont know what video card i
    > have or what driver it needs

    do a google search for Everest At Home, it's a free program that will tell
    you all you need to know about your pc, and includes links to manufacturers
    sites for drivers etc.

    P.

    PJB, Oct 30, 2005
  5. jas

    jas Guest

    "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    > "jas" wrote in message
    >
    > > i have XP, i need to download a diver.
    > > all i know is that it says VGA compatible. i dont know what video
    > > card i have or what driver it needs

    > Start
    >
    > Run
    >
    > DEVMGMT.MSC
    >
    > This will open up Device Manager
    >
    > Click on the plus sign next to Display adapators
    >
    > This should show what graphics card / chipset you have - post back with

    the
    > details

    I did but there is no "display adapters" menu item, it goes striaght from
    "disk drives" to "DVD/CD-ROM drives"

    however under "Other Devices (theres a yellow question mark) and it says
    "Video Controller(VGA Compatible)

    jas, Oct 30, 2005
  6. jas

    jas Guest

    "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    > "jas" wrote in message
    >
    > > i have XP, i need to download a diver.
    > > all i know is that it says VGA compatible. i dont know what video
    > > card i have or what driver it needs

    > Start
    >
    > Run
    >
    > DEVMGMT.MSC
    >
    > This will open up Device Manager
    >
    > Click on the plus sign next to Display adapators
    >
    > This should show what graphics card / chipset you have - post back with

    the
    > details

    ok ive installed something. now i have VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP under the
    display adapters tab......but my display still seems slow

    jas, Oct 30, 2005
  7. jas

    Dave Lear Guest

    "jas" wrote in message

    >> Start
    >> Run
    >> DEVMGMT.MSC
    >> This will open up Device Manager
    >> Click on the plus sign next to Display adapators
    >> This should show what graphics card / chipset you have - post back
    >> with the details

    > ok ive installed something. now i have VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP under
    > the display adapters tab......but my display still seems slow

    Right... that's an on-board graphics chipset, i.e. you don't have a
    dedicated graphics card, instead the graphics chips are on your motherboard.
    You should therefore ensure you've got the latest motherboard drivers...

    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070

    ....and graphics drivers...

    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&OSID=1&CatID=1160

    Of course, you're not likely to see fantastic responsiveness from an
    on-board graphics chipset. They're on-board because they're cheap and
    they're cheap because they're not fast (they're okay for desktop work but
    rubbish for games). If you want responsiveness in games then a cheap AGP
    card would pretty much always beat on-board graphics.

    Dave Lear, Oct 30, 2005
  8. jas

    jas Guest

    thanks heaps dave,
    turns out i had turned up my resolution too high! i turned it back down and
    everything works like b4

    jas, Oct 30, 2005
  9. jas

    Andrew Guest

    or my arse from my elbow

    Andrew, Oct 30, 2005
  10. jas

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Oct 31, 2005
  11. jas

    Bwyte208

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Hi

    Im having the same or similar problem with my computer
    im always getting the error of Unable to find suitable display device.Exiting program
    & i need a vga controller device how do i fix this?

    Bwyte208, Feb 24, 2011
  12. jas

    rhonald15

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    i dont know what video driver i have to download

    i dont know what video driver i have to install with my laptop beacuse i cant find the model of the video card of my laptop..

    here the the model of my laptop and the manufacturer

    model: pc-vy13mxer manufacturer: NEC

    rhonald15, Jun 12, 2011