    --

    -Graham

    Remove the snails to email

    G. Morgan, Feb 13, 2005

  2. G. Morgan

    D@Z Guest

    try nero

    D@Z, Feb 13, 2005

  3. G. Morgan

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 12:32:16 -0600 G. Morgan wrote:

    > I've been trying to edit out highlights from the Super bowl I recorded.
    > My
    > software is crap. I've tried Windows Movie Maker , and Ulead DVD Movie
    > Factory.
    > Both are a PITA to use. What is a simple program to use for extracting
    > the
    > clips I want?

    WMM is a bit trying to get used to for sure.
    First, don't let it make clips. You never know what you're gonna get.
    You're going to make the clips.
    Run the movie in the viewer.
    At the point where you want the first clip to begin, click the "clip point
    set" button.
    When you want it to end it, click the button again.
    A clip appears in the timeline.
    Do this for each part you want to remove the commercials from or what ever.
    When you're done, save the clips as new movie.
    Just try it a few times.

    Richard, Feb 13, 2005
  4. G. Morgan

    dwacon Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > I've been trying to edit out highlights from the Super bowl I recorded.

    My
    > software is crap. I've tried Windows Movie Maker , and Ulead DVD Movie

    Factory.
    > Both are a PITA to use. What is a simple program to use for extracting

    the
    > clips I want?

    Keep in mind you are editing copyrighted material -- but you should look at
    one of the high-end video editing products from a company like Adobe or
    Macromedia.

    --
    Valentine's Day Special:
    Men's Guide to Buying Lingerie

    dwacon, Feb 13, 2005
  5. G. Morgan

    TJ Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote:

    > I've been trying to edit out highlights from the Super bowl I
    > recorded. My software is crap. I've tried Windows Movie Maker , and
    > Ulead DVD Movie Factory. Both are a PITA to use. What is a simple
    > program to use for extracting the clips I want?

    Use Storyboard as opposed to the Timeline option in WMM. Drag the clip onto
    it. Use the preview pane to slide and/or nudge the clip until you get to
    the frame where you want it to start. Then hit the "split clip at this
    frame" button. The edited clip will automatically be created in a second
    Storyboard box at the frame you just chose. To avoid confusion, delete the
    first clip (on the left), thus making the edited clip active.

    Now preview the edited clip and follow the same procedure as above to set
    your ending point. Use the "split clip at this frame" button again. This
    time, delete the second automatically created clip, (on the right) and
    you're left with what you were aiming at.

    That might sound a bit convoluted, but it's really not that difficult. And
    IMO, much more precise than trying to "trim" clips using the Timeline option
    in WMM.

    Remember after creating the 'movie' from your edited clip, not to delete the
    'Collection'. Otherwise you'll have to import the entire Super Bowl all
    over again.

    You can delete the "project" if you wish, though.

    HTH

    TJ

    TJ, Feb 13, 2005
  6. G. Morgan

    TJ Guest

    dwacon <> wrote:

    > "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message

    >> I've been trying to edit out highlights from the Super bowl I
    >> recorded. My software is crap. I've tried Windows Movie Maker , and
    >> Ulead DVD Movie Factory. Both are a PITA to use. What is a simple
    >> program to use for extracting the clips I want?

    > Keep in mind you are editing copyrighted material --

    So?

    > but you should
    > look at one of the high-end video editing products from a company
    > like Adobe or Macromedia.

    To edit a video clip?

    Oh for goodness sake.

    TJ, Feb 13, 2005