    Canon DLSRs and migrated to sharp, extreme high resolution, truly
    professional digital photographic equipment...

    http://www.sd9.org.uk/migrated.htm

    George Preddy, Mar 5, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    steve Guest

    Let me know when he wants to 'dump' his 1D MK II. I will gladly take it
    off his hands. (Already have a 10D and love it)

    Steve

    steve, Mar 5, 2004

  3. George Preddy

    Gambler Guest

    "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > This guy has posted some good advice about how he dumped his blurry
    > Canon DLSRs and migrated to sharp, extreme high resolution, truly
    > professional digital photographic equipment...
    >

    > http://www.sd9.org.uk/migrated.htm

    __

    C'mon George! - the gallery picture of Chichester Cathedral looks as though
    those unnaturally blue skies are parting for the Last Judgement.

    I don't think that anyone has 'ever' seen skies like that in real life - not
    even when they've been doing Acid!

    Gambler, Mar 5, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Must be another blind idiot like George.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Mar 5, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    Alan D-W Guest

    > This guy has posted some good advice about how he dumped his blurry
    > Canon DLSRs and migrated to sharp, extreme high resolution, truly
    > professional digital photographic equipment...

    Oh god, and here was I thinking the Preddy subhuman had died or emigrated or
    something.

    Alan D-W, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Just get back from the latest Sigma indoctrination camp?

    Randall Ainsworth, Mar 5, 2004
  7. "Alan D-W" <> wrote in message news:<4048ca0a$0$19239$>...
    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > This guy has posted some good advice about how he dumped his blurry
    > > Canon DLSRs and migrated to sharp, extreme high resolution, truly
    > > professional digital photographic equipment...
    > >

    > Oh god, and here was I thinking the Preddy subhuman had died or emigrated or
    > something.

    It is amazing how many people are waking up to the Canon/Nikon/Fuji
    DSLR rip off. People are figuring out that the digital camera review
    sites are all about hard-selling and big time sponsorship financial
    kickbacks inexchange for favorable reviews.

    George Preddy, Mar 6, 2004
  8. George Preddy

    Mark Herring Guest

    George, you jerk---I thought you were gone. Or perhaps morphed into
    Charles Douglas Wehner....

    (I'm not sure who I just insulted)

    >George Preddy wrote:
    >
    >> This guy has posted some good advice about how he dumped his blurry
    >> Canon DLSRs and migrated to sharp, extreme high resolution, truly
    >> professional digital photographic equipment...
    >>
    >> http://www.sd9.org.uk/migrated.htm

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Mar 6, 2004
  9. George Preddy

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on 5 Mar 2004 18:15:46
    -0800, (George Preddy) wrote:

    >It is amazing how many people are waking up to the Canon/Nikon/Fuji
    >DSLR rip off. ...

    Three is amazing?

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas

    John Navas, Mar 6, 2004
  10. George Preddy

    Guest

    In message <>,
    (George Preddy) wrote:

    >It is amazing how many people are waking up to the Canon/Nikon/Fuji
    >DSLR rip off. People are figuring out that the digital camera review
    >sites are all about hard-selling and big time sponsorship financial
    >kickbacks inexchange for favorable reviews.

    Reviewers are very charitable to the Sigma SD cameras.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Mar 6, 2004
  11. Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > Must be another blind idiot like George.

    Considering that George is "deaf and dumb in both eyes," I doubt there's
    another one like him. Although, where there's 1 shill, there's likely
    to be another.

    Fred

    --
    "...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
    the Ugly)."

    Fred A. Miller, Mar 6, 2004
  12. George Preddy wrote:

    [snip]

    > It is amazing how many people are waking up to the Canon/Nikon/Fuji
    > DSLR rip off. People are figuring out that the digital camera review
    > sites are all about hard-selling and big time sponsorship financial
    > kickbacks inexchange for favorable reviews.

    George you dumb shill. YOU are the ONLY moron who believes the vomit you
    keep spewing here. 'Must be you don't have a life, because if you did,
    you'd long ago realized that NO ONE is so stupid as to believe anything
    you post, and you'd disappeared a long time ago.

    Fred

    Fred A. Miller, Mar 6, 2004
  13. George Preddy

    Gambler Guest

    "Fred A. Miller" <> wrote in message
    > George Preddy wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > > It is amazing how many people are waking up to the Canon/Nikon/Fuji
    > > DSLR rip off. People are figuring out that the digital camera review
    > > sites are all about hard-selling and big time sponsorship financial
    > > kickbacks inexchange for favorable reviews.

    > George you dumb shill. YOU are the ONLY moron who believes the vomit you
    > keep spewing here. 'Must be you don't have a life, because if you did,
    > you'd long ago realized that NO ONE is so stupid as to believe anything
    > you post, and you'd disappeared a long time ago.

    ====

    That's a tad harsh, Fred.

    It's refreshing to see George back, especially after the barrage of filth
    and childish obscenities that the group has recently been subjected to! (is
    that still occurring BTW? - I've got it filtered)

    Gentleman George is never offensive - and can sometimes be surprisingly on
    the button with his comments. I happen to agree that many of the
    'reviewers' are self serving charlatans.

    Gambler, Mar 6, 2004
  14. George Preddy

    Gambler Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > In message <>,
    > (George Preddy) wrote:

    > Reviewers are very charitable to the Sigma SD cameras.<

    ====

    It must be their own version of Pro Bono work - a little bit of good amidst
    a heaving sea of kickbacks and gratuities....

    Gambler, Mar 6, 2004
  15. George Preddy

    Mike Engles Guest

    Gambler wrote:

    > "George Preddy" <> wrote in message
    > > This guy has posted some good advice about how he dumped his blurry
    > > Canon DLSRs and migrated to sharp, extreme high resolution, truly
    > > professional digital photographic equipment...
    > >

    > > http://www.sd9.org.uk/migrated.htm

    > __
    >
    > C'mon George! - the gallery picture of Chichester Cathedral looks as though
    > those unnaturally blue skies are parting for the Last Judgement.
    >
    > I don't think that anyone has 'ever' seen skies like that in real life - not
    > even when they've been doing Acid!

    Hello

    In Britain you get a amazing variety of skies and clouds, as you would
    get anyhere in the world. I could post a similar one taken on my Olympus
    film camera.

    That guy's pictures are very good, which anyone who has any sense of
    fairness would admit. It is also a very well put together site.
    He should have poated some of his now rejected Canon images.

    Mike Engles

    Mike Engles, Mar 6, 2004
  16. "Mike Engles" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > That guy's pictures are very good, which anyone who has any
    > sense of fairness would admit. It is also a very well put together
    > site. He should have poated some of his now rejected Canon
    > images.

    Indeed, that could have helped.
    Now we can only speculate on what it actually was he didn't like (and if he
    really did try a different brand).

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Mar 6, 2004
  17. George Preddy

    Mike Engles Guest

    Bart van der Wolf wrote:

    > "Mike Engles" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    > > That guy's pictures are very good, which anyone who has any
    > > sense of fairness would admit. It is also a very well put together
    > > site. He should have poated some of his now rejected Canon
    > > images.

    > Indeed, that could have helped.
    > Now we can only speculate on what it actually was he didn't like (and if he
    > really did try a different brand).
    >
    > Bart

    Hello

    If he says he had a Canon and did not like it, there is no reason not to
    believe him.
    He looks like a person who spends a lot on his photography and knows a
    great deal about the subject.

    In all the images he has shown, there is not hint of the normal
    objections that people have for Sigma images. I could not see any of the
    fringing that one can often see in images that have the type of lighting
    that predominates in the images. That is side or top lighting.
    There is no hint of oversharpening either and some of the images have a
    real sense of wanting to reach out and touch. That is certainly the case
    with the final image.
    I cannot quite see whay he objected to the 10D, as in my opinion it is
    really the best of the Bayer type cameras, but still suffering from a
    fatal sense of image softness.

    Mike Engles

    Mike Engles, Mar 6, 2004
  18. George Preddy

    Gambler Guest

    > There is no hint of oversharpening either and some of the images have a
    > real sense of wanting to reach out and touch. That is certainly the case
    > with the final image<

    ======

    The Colliery winding wheel? - surely those reds are greatly over saturated?

    BTW, I had another look at the Chichester cathedral pic - and, despite other
    comments, the skies still look wildly 'out' to me.

    Maybe it's my monitor (TFT) but the colours in many of the images look very
    unnatural.

    Gambler, Mar 6, 2004
  19. George Preddy

    Guest

    In message <c2cc56$1rd153$-berlin.de>,
    "Gambler" <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> In message <>,
    >> (George Preddy) wrote:

    >> Reviewers are very charitable to the Sigma SD cameras.<

    >It must be their own version of Pro Bono work - a little bit of good amidst
    >a heaving sea of kickbacks and gratuities....

    I would imagine that they are often applauding the concept of full RGB
    at each pixel, more than the actual results. Many are tricked, too, by
    the false sharpness of the images, and "credit" that to the full-RGB
    sensels, but anyone with a discerning eye can see that textures are
    artificial, and turn to mud when downsampled (unless you use Nearest
    Neighbor to maintain the aliasing effect), or turn into mini-mosaics
    when viewed at large sizes.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Mar 6, 2004
  20. George Preddy

    Guest

    In message <c2cbs4$1rvmv1$-berlin.de>,
    "Gambler" <> wrote:

    >It's refreshing to see George back, especially after the barrage of filth
    >and childish obscenities that the group has recently been subjected to! (is
    >that still occurring BTW? - I've got it filtered)

    "George" (Steve in real life) is very insulting; he just doesn't use
    typically insulting keywords. He implies that most of the digital photo
    world is "fooled" by Bayer technology.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>

    , Mar 6, 2004